Cleaning Mr. Whiskers

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Tip123Q, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Tip123Q

Tip123Q New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I havent been cat fishing for to long and Ive been getting strong catfish cravings, I love to eat'em jus dont know how to Clean'em. I was wondering if someone could explain how, or is there a video showing the steps? Any help would be great
    Thanx,
    -Tip---

2. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Check out the library........ several good articles there for cleaning them.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    easiest way to clean a cat is to fillet it first, then fillet the skin off. theres less mess & you dont have to play tug o war with a dead fish.

4. willfishforfood

willfishforfood New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    pop a nail through his chin, drive the nail outhis skull and into a tree, cut his throat, cut a vertical line down his belly perpendicular with the cut on his throat, take a pair of needle nose pliars and peel the flaps of skin off, and fillet the fish or cut out his guts, cut off the tail, and cut off his head and eat whole catfish. frie him in corn meal and pop open a beer to go with it. hope this helps.:big_smile: remember the first one is never as good as the second so go catch a bunch of babies and eat. im getting hungry just typing this.

Ben

5. willfishforfood

willfishforfood New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    shortly after posting the comment above i cooked like 9 huge fillets. lol i was hungry

6. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I agree with Scott fillet him first and then fillet the skin off. Less mess and less hassle especially on the big ones!!!!

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
  8. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I talked to a fisheries biologist on watts bar lake on the tennessee river. he said if you are going to eat any cats below knoxville they should be fillet as above. just the meat from the heiney hole back should be kept. there is where the least amount of contaminates are. glad to see the new commercial proposal because i eat a lot of catfish in resturants and many of them are coming out of watts bar and served whole.