Cleaning Lead Melting Pots/Accessories

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by DemolitionMan, Apr 29, 2007.

1. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I was wondering what the best way/time to clean lead molding equipment???DemoMan

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    About the only thing I have found which needs cleaning is my Lees Production Pot IV. I use one of those flat sticks you stir paint with and clean the sides and bottom. The crud, like other crud, floats. Then you dip it out. A small bent piece of wire, held by pliers is used to clean the pour spout. Other than that, maybe a real light stroke or two with a steel brush for the molds...and make that a "light" stroke. Then oil the pins and hinges... your good to go.

3. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    AwShucks,

That's good enough for me....I'm new at this and did'nt know what to do....Thanks for the info.....DemoMan

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You take it easy with that hot lead... it will bring tears to your eyes real quick... makes you loose your temper too.

5. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    It'll bring more than tears....lol....But on the second pour things was better....My problem is my shaking so bad, I can't hit the hole...lol....That's the part that gets under my skin....But the second pour was a little "wrinkled", but I done a good job...Even weighted em and was amazed at how close the molds were.....Only about 5/100th's off on the worst one.....DemoMan