Cleaning hands

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by okiejc, Jun 2, 2007.

1. okiejc

okiejc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    What do you use to get the fish smell off of your hands after cleaning fish?

2. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    First, i wash my hands with dawn dish soap, and then i was them with toothpaste. If they still smell like fish, i'll soak them in rubbing alchohal or listerine for a few minutes, then wash with dawn again.

3. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I use the anti-bacterial gel called "Germx"...But get it in the big bottle and transfer it to a small "fliptop" container for fishing purpose's...The reason is that the smaller bottles of germex at walmart will sit and pump by themselves and make a mess.....Dwight

4. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    When regular dish soap doesn't cut it, I'll pour some apple cider vinegar, or regular vinegar on my hands and rub it in really well. Vinegar seems to neutralize the odor instantly.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Josh. Dawn Soap and Toothpaste. :lol::smile2:

6. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    FAST ORANGE soap is good for everything, especially the kind with the sand-grit in it.

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dawn dish soap is powerful stuff, but it dries out my hands so bad, they crack (it even cuts through old wallpaper paste, if you ever have the need... lol).

I just use toothpaste.

Welcome to the BOC, John :lol:

8. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    Lemon juice is also supposed to help get rid of the fishy smell. However, I use a hand cleaner with ground pumice -- the same type meant for mechanics.

-- Rich

9. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    John
    Best luck I've had is pour a little lemon juice and salt in your palm. Luck

10. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I use this stuf called GOOP. 99 cents in the automotive section at wally world. Works great for fish smell.

11. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    if the dawn don't cut it, i use fast orange.

12. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    who wants to get the smell off i want everyone to know I fish yee haa it also gives my wife something else to complain about lol

13. Localhero813

Localhero813 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    right on with the goop. it works great and is verry cheap:tounge_out:

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Baking soda works pretty good. Then some lemon ajax dish soap.

15. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Several washings and then a rinse with pure lemon juice is what I've always done.

16. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    after hunting season is over all the places that sell hunting supplies will discount all thier soaps and stuff. i buy a bunch of camo-soaps in discount isles in stores like walmart. the best ones are green in color and contain activated carbon, and cloraphyl. even takes gas smells off if you happen to get some on your hands while fishing..

17. silsbyj

silsbyj New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ive always used Fast Orange or Lava soap. If you need anything above that I have rubbed a handfull of pocket change on my hands to get rid of the smell of shad sides. Seemed to work pretty well but then your hands have that metallic smell for a while. Anything is better than shad sides though.

18. jlangford

jlangford New Member

State:
    texas
    Why get it off? The catfish odor smells better than i do most of the time so the way i look at it i'm just getting better. If i go out and get all that fancy soap to wash my hands then everyone would expect me to keep going and wash everything else. Life is just getting too complicated.

19. okiejc

okiejc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks everyone for the tips. I have some fast orange. It seems to work pretty good so far. I'll keep the other suggestions in mind.

20. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Stick them down into some DK's punch bait when your done. You won't smell fish anymore GUARANTEED:tounge_out: :lol:. Actually close up tooth paste works pretty good:wink:.