Cleaning Fish on the Boat???

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by savage308, Oct 27, 2006.

1. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Anyone have any pics or ideas on a set up for cleaning cats while still on the boat. I've been trying to think up a way so as not to get too much blood inside the boat when I'm cleaning my fish. Currently I clean the fish I intend to eat at the house but I really like the idea of cleaning them on the water and getting them on ice. I have a 20' Kenner and it has 1/2" pipe handrails up both sides of the boat. I was trying to come up with a idea to hang something on the rail off the side of the boat.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shelby

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Your boating stores like Boater's World will have what you are looking.
    Most are labeled as bait stations or bait cutting boards and they rail mount or gimbal mount and come in small to large sizes.
    One like you are looking will cost around 100 dollars based on what I've seen at Boater's World.

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    hey before you get too fired up you should check your local regulations...many states that is againist the law plus poession of fillets on the water is illegal.it is in ok and ar.....

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    It is illegal here to alter a gamefish while fishing or on the water rendering it unmeasurable.
    Here in NC catfish aren't regulated on the waters I fish so it would be legal.

5. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    It is not legal in Ohio...best check before you buy.

6. 1 cattin dude

1 cattin dude New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I'm not sure how to install a cleaning board on your boat but, for fresh water to clean the fish, you could run a hose from your livewell pump. You could install some type of Y-valve to turn on/off the water to the cleaning hose and/or livewell.

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If you use cut bait of any kind I would still buy or build one. Anything to keep from cutting up your cooler lids or guttin your boat up.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
  9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

the old sponser catfish Con#$%$$#$ has a cutting board you put over a 5 gallon bucket. And as Mark said there are different types at many places to buy. You may even want to check some of the saltwater shops for "bait boards"