cleaning a catfish...stomach contents

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by rcbbracing, Nov 13, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Checking stomach contents of your catch can tgell you alot about the food of the species you are seeking. I personally have found some weird things in a catfishes stomach when cleaning them. I just read a post about someone finding yellow wasps...what are some weird things you guys have found in the stomach of catfish you were cleaning.

2. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    deer hooves,and a whole can of dog food(can and all).

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    check out the thread festus started earlier..he found some giant hornets ..awesome pics too

4. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree about the pics being awesome. That is what made me think about posting this thread. Sorry in my original thread here i said giant wasps...i meant hornets...lol:smile2:

5. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Beer can, snake, baby birds, and a nasty half eaten slim jim in the wrapper.

6. festus

festus New Member

Welder, how big of a beer can was it, an 8 oz. pony can, 12 oz regular can, a 16 oz can, or one of the big 24 oz cans? I left a 12 oz beer can with about an inch left inside on my deck one night about two weeks ago. The next day I found it in the yard some 20 yards away with all kinds of teeth marks on the rim. Evidently, it was a possum. I don't know if the possum needed the vitamins or minerals in the can or the alcohol.

I read once in a Field and Stream about some fisherman finding a wrist watch inside a catfish stomach. Reckon they're craving some type of vitamin or mineral?

7. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    wi have found just regular food, crawdads and corn and such, on time i found a bunch of humoungeous bugs and a few loucsts and i founs a monster energy drink tab, i founs weights and a spinner bait, i founs a can of dog foor and a shoelace once i foun a bone that was huge and is wa only in a 12lb flathead??the bine was like a foot long!!!!!!

8. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    an i found a whole fried chicken leg,and the thigh bones,in a channel cat my wife caught at west point lake.