cleaning a boat with the pressure washer

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Cattracker16, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    Is it a good idea to clean the carpets and cubby holes out with a car wash soap and a pressure washer? I have a 16' tracker deep v I'm sure that it is a wood floor under that crappy tan carpet that gets lots of stuff on and in it.

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I havent had any problems doing it, but the thing is to make sure that there is a place for the water to drain to.

3. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    The boat has atleast 2 drains in it and it seems to drain rather well out of them. just worried about the water ruining the wood under the carpet. what kinda wood do they use? will it stand up to me getting it wet alot? shad gutz and stink bait. yummmmmmmmy

4. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    i have a 17ft. tracker and i take mine to the carwash every now and then.i make sure to leave it in the sun for a day or two with all compartments open to air them out also.its amazing how clean and new looking my boat looks afterwards.i use the soap cycle for about 10 minutes and rinse it for about 10 minutes.its a 1992 deep v,but it cleans up nice.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    When you get thru just raise the front up kinda high and let it drain good. You ain't gonna hurt that floor. The rot comes in when it is left to stagnate and not let drain.

6. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I used a pressure washer om my old boat, a Champion bass boat. The only thing I recommend besides the common sense thing is keep the high pressure away from the seams. Use caution with the pressure, it can peel things up, like carpet. It can also 'cut' through plastic like a hot knife through butter!

7. navigator

navigator New Member

State:
    NC- Brunswick County
    I use a pump sprayer with soap and a little clorox too, then pressure wash it.
    My boat doesn't have any wood though.

Careful how much soap you use though, it can take a long time to get soap out sometimes and soapy carpet is slick too.