Cleaned up some lead

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Desperado, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I just got done cleaning up some lead(lead pipe, wheel weights...etc..) into 1 lb. ingots. I melted down the pipe Jason donated, got 9 1/2 lbs. from it and with the wheel weights donated by Jon I had 60lbs. from them. Total is 69 1/2 ingots of clean lead. Now I'm ready for us to get together and make some sinkers. I have 8 different molds from do-it molds. I have coin, bank, no roll, egg, pyramid, split shot, and a jig mold ,but you suppy the hooks.
    Let me know if you would like to come and what kind of sinkers you need and we will see if I have that mold. Johnny will be there and he has a walking sinker mold. To get some sinkers you guys coming need to donate some lead. But if you can't get any lead and you want to come call me and we can work something out. Pm me for my number. Looks like we might have a cookout or something to that effect. Throw me some ideas and we can put this together.

2. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    wish you guys was alot closer I would love to go

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Just let me know when and where Clarence. I'm gonna try to get these batteries apart this week too.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    sounds like fun. just cleaned about 150# myself a week or so ago. wish i could come.

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Great Jason. Get the lead out of them and bring it along. Looking toward next weekend , but depending on my job. Maybe my place or a park some where. Still open to places to go.

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wonder if we could all meet at Buckeye make em under the shelter. We could fish while we make sinkers. I could bring my grill and we could cook out some hot dogs, hamburgers, unused shrimp or anything else someone wants to bring.

Let me know what you guys think. :cool:

7. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just finished cleaning 185 pounds of lead into 1 lb ingots as well. I'm ready to start making sinkers, so who all is coming this weekend? Just PM me or Clarence and let us know something.

8. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    It must be the time of the year when them leads come out of hiding cause I just caught and cleaned over a 100 pounds of them. :rolleyes: haha
    You guys are way to far from Mississippi for me to show up there but I realy don't need to cast any more fishing weights cause I got over 50lbs of bank sinkers cast so I'm just gona store the lead for when I need it.I'm afraid they're gona stop using lead for tire weights so I'm gona start trying to get all the tire weights I can get my hands on just in case.

9. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    We all met over to Johnny's(ramrod) house. Tony(tsperigin), Brian(doughboy) w/his son, Jason(Jason454)w/Dawn and his kids. We all had a great time and got about 180 lbs. of sinkers made up. We made up Walking sinkers, No roll sinkers, Egg sinkers, Flat bank sinkers, Reg. bank sinkers. Many different sizes of each. I have more molds then mentioned that we didn't make. I want to thank Johnny for having us over and looking forward to getting together again. If anyone wants to make some sinkers up just get some lead and call me up and we can get this done. ;)

10. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I would like to thank you Johnny and Clarence for getting this party together and inviting me. I had a great time.The guy at that bait store may not be to happy though.LOL

11. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I want to thank all of you that made your donations to the lead fund. Since we pretty much depleted the lead, we need to keep our eyes open for more so we can have a great turn out once again!

For those of you that couldn't make it, we'll get together again sometime during the winter months. Hopefully we can have a lot more lead and a lot more fun. :p

I want to thank Clarence for taking the time out of his busy schedule to be with us and allow us to use his molds. Also, thanks to all of you that showed up, I had a great time and hope the next one is even better!

P.S. Clarence, Tony ordered the new hinge pin through Do-It Molds!!! :eek: