clean-up party

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by sportsmanfromkc, Aug 21, 2009.

1. sportsmanfromkc

sportsmanfromkc New Member

State:
    kansas
    just wondering if anyone would be interested in a weekend clean-up at olathe lake and spillway? maybe start doing this once a month with some fishing afterwards. I posted this on the other boc site but I guess nobody from the kc area uses that site anymore. thank god i found this one... anyways just let me know if interested

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Hillsdale used to have the chain gang do it. I have been down there when the van pulled up at the spillway. They definatly should do it everywere. :wink:

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello Travis and welcome to the new and improved BOC. Great idea and hope you get some takers. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

4. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    If I lived closer I would be all for it. Might be something to consider doing at our gatherings.

5. sportsmanfromkc

State:
    kansas
    i have been fishing out at olathe lake this year, first year fishing there. seems to be alot more trash around the spillway, not to sound racist but it seems to be all the mexicans that fish there... and the size fish they keep. if its on the hook it goes to there house. anyone have any idea how to stop this?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  6. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    I'm in. I fish there more than anywhere else.

7. sportsmanfromkc

State:
    kansas
    gonna give it about a month to see who else wants to do it. i have to see what the ol ladys schedule looks like. i am hoping someone has a weedeater to hit the hillside at the spillway.

8. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i am from ca .....hahahahahah get used to it you will move before they do

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    blare some mexican party music as your rolling up,this is the good part since you will now have their attion get huge magnet leters I.N.S. for the sides of your vehicle and be shure you are sporting one of those neat border patrol hats.:smile2: If they all scatter I bet theirs another # you might want to call.:tounge_out::smile2:

10. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I am down for that too Travis! I hate seeing all the trash. Like it is so damn hard to take a 13 gal trash bag with you. You bring it in you take it out!

11. sportsmanfromkc

State:
    kansas
    i know a few of you have a schedule to work around but if you let me know the best weekend for you towards the end of september we can get this all set up. bring some friends. i would love to be able to break into several groups and get the whole lake done at once. also does anyone have a weedeater. it would be nice to knock down some weeds around the spillway and other spots of the lake, if that is allowed.

12. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Travis, I am down for the cleanup party just let me know an I should be able to work it out. I like fishing Olathe Lake a lot an it really needs to be picked up. Thanks for the idea it is sure going to take more then a few people out there.

13. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Well good for ya'll !! It's nice to see folks doing what they gotta do to get the job done.

I clean my area 2 times a week believe it or not...no help. It can be upsetting because every week, the slobs come back and mess it up again. But ya know what, I'm doin the right thing and no-one can mess that up for me.

I get a good satisfaction knowing that I'm giving back to something I love so dearly.

Now get-er-done !!!

-Jim-

14. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    this might be somethin the newspaper or tv news may come out and cover. if need be i can play the part of a dead body to get em to come out :smile2:.

15. KAW RIVER KILLER

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    I was planning on contacting them aswell to see with we could post small sign in a few of the problem areas, politely (in english and spanish) asking people to clean up after themselves for the good of the park. Are you going to fill out that form for us? I can do it if you don't have time, just let me know.

P.S.- I just read through the application and it looks like they want us to have some kind of group liability insurance:embarassed:? Maybe we should keep this unofficial:angry:.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  16. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    I'm down with that. Nothing irritates me more than litterbugs. I helped at Shawnee Mission Park cleanup a couple of years ago.The trah at the outlet a La Cygne is really bad.I will volunteer my jon boat to get to hard to reach places and my 7 year old too.You can put a lot of trash in a 16 ft jon.It won't smell as bad as the chum that's already in there.We have a cub scout campout the weekend of the 15th otherwise I'm open.You might need some five gallon buckets for picking up sharp stuff like broken glass. I've got lots of them although they don't smell too good.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  17. KAW RIVER KILLER

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Troy, I'm almost certain there is a dumpster over by the swiming beach, I'm going out there this evening so I'll scope it out. We can also disperse the trash throughout the many trash cans there aswell. My buddy is a contractor and he has an account with they dump there on Old 56 Hwy, at worst, I'll call him and we can piggy back our stuff on one of his loads I'm sure. He goes out there almost everyday.

18. sportsmanfromkc

State:
    kansas
    sorry i have been out of my own loop here for so long, just been under the weather the last few days. unless there is a problem i am shooting for the 26th around one in the afternoon, so everyone can eat lunch before we meet up. i think the parking lot for the dam would be a good meeting place. as for the forms, i am all for having this be an unofficall gathering. thanks everyone for the help. and to those who have pulled the forms for the city, if you wanna fill em out and see go ahead, never thought about any of this.

19. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    On a legal stand point, having it be unoffical is out the window since the email went out asking them about things. You guys would be better off calling and talking to them about things and making this on the up and up. Sometimes waiver can be adjusted for things like this depends on the city and the time of day you get the person on the phone or talk to them in person. Things would be worse if you did this on the Unoffical terms and something goes wrong, the perosn now has the email that stated the form to be filled out and not doing it would casue more action to be taken.

20. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Just wanted to make you you guys thought things over. I saw something go bad one time with a group and then it snowballed when the cops found out they were told to fill out permits and all. Then again this was a car cruz night but things were some ok till the powers that be found out then things got bad and the guys had a nice little note to appear in court and ticket in there mailbox.