Claytor Lakek Peak Creek

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CatHunterSteve, Aug 25, 2009.

1. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Caught 3 nice cats a week ago Saturday night, a 5.5# a 6.5# and an 8.5# in Claytor Lakes Peak Creek Hollow on an outside bend just after you leave the cove where the Rock House marina is. Had a lot of woody structure covering the bottom in about 28 foot of water. A bonus for the trip I finally learned how to identify woody structure using my Humminbird 323C fish finder.Caught them on Catawba worms on circle hook between 12:30 and 02:30 in the morning. Got there late so I wasn't able to catch any gills so just fished with the bean worms and did pretty good. Sorry for the late report, I lost the flash card out of my camera and just found it to get the pics. off of it.

Attached Files:

2. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It sounds like you had a great time, Steve. That's the kind of catch I wouldn't mind landing.

It looks like the Catawba worms came through again for you! :cool2:

3. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
    Good report. these some good fishing all around that area. Channels, and Flatheads. Hybrids and stripers can be killer there two at the right time of the year... Try inbetween conrads and Rock house, the old ski ramp..

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    You had a great time by the sounds of it Steve. Nice catch. Thanks for adding the pic's.

5. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    great catch, keep the reports coming

6. smith11

smith11 New Member

State:
    virginia
    thanks for the report steve i need to get back on the water my freezer is getting low only 2 fillets left

7. clatorlakecat

clatorlakecat New Member

State:
    va
    hello steve i have a hot spot to on peak creek it's also 28 to 30 ma feet on the left side leaving rock house maria the big rock wallon left follow the channel all the way to the pointwere the lake turnsto the left the depth will stay around 28 to 30 up to the point and start rising i fish right off that piont in 28 feet:big_smile:

8. clatorlakecat

clatorlakecat New Member

State:
    va
    i know that area welll never tryed it at the old ski jump thanks ill check it out:big_smile:

9. clatorlakecat

clatorlakecat New Member

State:
    va
    nice my hole is also around their up on left side all the way to the point before the lake turns left 28 feet, caught some nice flats on that hole 5 big flatheads biggest was 30 pounds in this month on the 15th to be exact.