Claytor Lake 6-20

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by riverdawg-1, Jun 21, 2007.

1. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Went to Claytor last night. Cat bite was slow, only caught 2 small ones. Around 1 am Stripers and Hybrids started on top. I caught a 9 # 24 inch Hybrid throwing a top water Redfin. Anybody else having any luck on cats around roanoke/nrv?
    Chip[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

2. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Forgot to add in last post, I trashed another cast net last night. I've only had the new one for 2 weeks, I was walking up the bank without my headlamp on and several shad broke the top in front of me so I threw threw the net. Then all hell broke loose-I netted about a 15 pound snapping turtle and by the time I got him out he had bitten several large holes in it and bit through the rope twice:angry:
    Chip

3. criggster

criggster New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Glad to hear you caught some Chip, that's a good hybrid. I took a trip to New River last Friday and caught over 30 smallies and a few redeyes. Most of them were small, but I would rather be reeling in a fish than just a lure! We'll have to get together again soon.

4. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va

2 Good friends of mine floated from 114 bridge to Whitethorn last friday and did great. 1 guy caught a 5# smallie and Matt got a 38 inch musky. I should have gone:roll_eyes:

5. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Took the boat out on Claytor last night for about 3 hours. Got several hits, landed a 4# and 6# flathead. Both on nightcrawlers.
    Chip:big_smile: