Claytor Lake 4-10

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by riverdawg-1, Apr 11, 2008.

1. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    went to Claytor last night and caught an 11# channell on cut gill and a 14.5# striper on cut shad.
    Chip

striper 4-11 002.jpg

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great day fishing. Thank for the update

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thats a nice looking striper thank you for sharing the picture with us

4. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Nice fish Chip,been many years since ive been to claytor lake,my parents use to take us there when we where little to picnic and we had a blast as i remember..

5. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Where abouts at claytor were you fishing, Boat? Bank?

Wheelmobile07

6. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va

Trey, I was bank fishing at DeHaven Park on the Snowville side of lake, About 10 miles off I-81 at exit 105. I was catfishuing with cut shad. I heard a few stripers on top, but not many yet but should be any time. The shad have really been showing up at night the last couple weeks.
    Chip

7. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    thanks for the info,

Wheelmobile07

8. irishangler

irishangler New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Riverdawg, you're on a roll, bro! First, you catch that monster brown and now you're off to a fast start with the channel cats and stripers. I'm hoping to make my first appearance at DeHaven this weekend. I spent this past rainy Sunday getting my gear ready, reels cleaned and oiled, new line, leaders, etc. It looks like the weather shaping up pretty well for some warmer nights by this weekend. I'm hearing other good reports about the nighttime striper action. I'll probably take one of my bass rods and throw some bigger jerk baits while waiting for the catfish bites.

9. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    If I don't go out of town, I'll probably be there fri or sat night. I'll be in a gold nissan frontier or white VW.
    Chip

10. irishangler

irishangler New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Riverdawg, I'm planning on getting there Friday night ahead of the storms they're now calling for on Saturday. I'll be in my old tan Jeep Cherokee Sport. Maybe I'll see you there.

11. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Mike, Good luck. I'm going to end up going to Maryland to see some music. Let us know how you do.
    Chip