Clayton county water resevior - catfishing is slow

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Jasongonefishing, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Jasongonefishing

Jasongonefishing New Member

State:
    McDonough,
    Well the catfish are defiantly biting slow here. I figure I would sent some pictures for everyone to see in GA. It is a nice fishing hole. The picture is of one of the lakes. There are two of them. This lake would probably be better if I had a boat.

Attached Files:

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Looks like a nice lake thanks for the pics I know what you mean about a boat one day I will have one

3. beertools

beertools New Member

State:
    georgia
    can you fish at night @ Clayton county water resevior and can you bring beer? What kind of cats do they have there and what bait are you using?:wink:

4. Jasongonefishing

State:
    McDonough,
    They close at 8:00pm. You can bring beer, just don't get caught with it. If it is in a cool I have never had a problem with them. As long as you are just fishing and relaxing they are cool. Bait I have used chicken liver, bloody shad, and dough bait. My best luck is with the chicken liver. I have caught 1-2lb regular catfish there

5. beertools

beertools New Member

State:
    georgia
    Good deal. So good eating size. What time do they open? Thats sound like a good time to get away from the old lady(while she is shopping) and do some daytime fishing.

6. Jasongonefishing

State:
    McDonough,
    7:00am till 8:00pm. I usually hit it on Friday and Saturday when I can get away. Would be even better if you had a boat. I am working on that one. They are close on Monday and Tuesday I think...

7. Jasongonefishing

State:
    McDonough,
    Well finally the cats want to start bitting. I got me a new set up and it worked pretty good today. I am running a carolina rig about 6 inches of the bottom with live minos...I caught two 2-3 pounders today. Here is a pick of one of them. Could not hold'em by hand kept bitting my fingers LOL:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      43.7 KB
      Views: