classic rock / fireworks / channel cats

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by KnotGillty, Jul 7, 2008.

1. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    "It's been such a long time, I think I should be goin', yeah
    And time doesn't wait for me, it keeps on rollin'
    There's a long road, I've gotta stay in time with
    I've got to keep on chasin' that dream, though I may never find it
    I'm always just behind it" Boston - Foreplay/Longtime

Went to Clear Lake on 7/5/08 with my buddy Scott for an overnight trip to do some catfishing, take in some live music with Boston & Styx, and watch a fireworks show. We launched at 1pm and decided to anchor up and cook some brauts cooked with beer. The fish were willing to let us enjoy the meal because as soon as we finished eating, the first fish was in the boat. Most of the fish on this trip were very close to this size.
    [​IMG]

After 3 or 4 more fish we motored over to Konocti and positioned the boat in 27 feet of water, just below the amphetheater. It was pretty crowded because of the fireworks show and there was probably close to 100 boats anchored and drifting in the wind, listening to Boston belt out their classic tunes.

I caught this fish while having a beer and listening to Boston perform 'Rock N Roll Band'. It was landed on a slip bobber rigged at 26 feet.
    [​IMG]

As Boston was finishing up their encores, the fireworks started. It was a kick ass show with the best perspective I've ever experienced for a fireworks spectacular. Simply awesome & the pictures don't do justice for the experience. . .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the concerts and fireworks, we motored back over to Indian Island to anchor up and finish out the night. We landed 17 channel cats for the trip. We were off the water by 10am. Water temp was 77 degrees.

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Randy,

It sounds like you guys had one "He!! of a time" at old Clear Lake.
    &
    Those were some nice photos that you took as well. Thanks for sharing them with us all Buddy.
    :0a31:
    :wink:

3. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    It was a great time Shania.

I'd like to give a big thank you to the boat full of ladies that were anchored near where we were drifting. Special thanks goes out to the one with the cowboy hat & the Stars & Stripes U.S.A. bikini who did a little dance for us each time she saw us drifting by. God bless America. . . .:wink:

4. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Now that was what I'd rate as a PRIMO fish'n trip!

5. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    Yes, it's a lot of fun Scott. Other than the Clear Lake catfish derby each May, I pretty much plan all my Clear Lake trips around the concerts they hold at their outdoor venue each summer. You can hear the bands crystal clear from the water. You can't see the guys on stage, but you can see the back of the stage. Add in a BBQ, some good drink, and the fact that we catch fish while all this is going on, it's an unbelievable exerpience.

I'm going back to the lake this weekend to take in a Lynyrd Skynyrd show. Then in August I'll be back to take in a Sammy Hagar & Scorpions concert. Also, in September I'll make a trip to see KISS as I listened to them as a kid.

I've got a few people that want to go with me to Clear Lake. If I ever have an opening I'll keep you in mind BDB.

6. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    "It's the Saturday night special

Got a barrel that's blue and cold

Ain't good for nothin'

But put a man six feet in a hole":wink:

I see you know some skynyrd lyrics BDB. Rock on. . .