Class Reunion, 1968!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathead willie, Apr 25, 2008.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'll be back with you good folks in a few days. I headed back to Paoli, Pa., for my class reunion. I graduated from the schools largest class since 1918, 16 students, in 1968. I haven't seen any of my classmates since then. The Head Master, who is the son of my Head Master, is retiring in June, and the coach is retiring also, so we are having a combination reunion and retirement party all weekend. I can't wait to see these guys. They are coming from all over the country. One is a priest, one is a USDA inspector, one is the head of U.S. missile development, and one is an ex-congressman. Should be an interesting few days.

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I hope you enjoy your reunion.I'm still a pup only been about 15 years for me.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yes Billie, that definitely sounds interesting! Be careful on your trip and have fun. We'll be looking forward to hearing the stories when you get back bro.

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    have a good time & good luck, it's only been 15 for me also!!!!

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Have your self a good time at your class reunion, hope you have your self a blast good luck

6. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ohh you will have fun!We had so much fun at our last reunion a vote was taken at the party and we are going to have a 60th B'day party in july.But I have one question.Head master?hmmmm?
    smokey

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    And one is a guitar playin fool! LOL! Have a blast!:cool2:

8. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    That oughta be a good time. Hope ya all enjoy yourselves. Oughta be good to see folks ya ain't seen in awhile.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Enjoy Billie, I know you will!

I attended the high school class reunion where I went to grade school in TX. They invited me to attend their 50th reunion since I moved away while in the 8th grade. I told them I never graduated high school but they still wanted me to attend.

It had been 53 years since I had seen any of them but was able to pick out most and call them by name.

It was very interesting finding out what all had done with their life. The one I thought would have made a doctor or an attorney was cutting lawns for a living. :crazy:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know you will have a blast,Billie. i been out for29 years here an never went to one ,even though we have one here at the school every year and all classes are invited. I might just have to go to the 09 that will be the big 3 0 here.

11. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    HAVE A GREAT TIME, I KNOW U WILL. WE HAD A 30 YR. REUNION A FEW YRS. BACK AND A HAD A GREAT TIME. SAW PEOPLE I HAVEN'T SEEN IN MANY MOONS READY FOR ANOTHER ONE. IT IS REALLY AMAZING HOW PEOPLE AND THEIR LIFES CHANGE OVER THE YEARS.
    PEEDEE CAT

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It was a real trip going to that reunion! When I was there last, the school was a 3000 acre farm in the middle of nowhere. Now the farm is gone except for the 4 silos where the dairy barns used to be. There is two big 4 story office buildings where there used to be a big alfalfa field. I remember sweating in that field many a day getting in hay. The three big mansion houses where the little kids (nins) lived are all private houses now. The dirt "Farm Road" is now a three lane highway. The hog barns are all gone now, also, as is the three story chicken houses. The single set of RR tracks that went past the pond are gone, along with the pond. The old stone chapel, which houses the countries 2nd largest pipe organ, is still there, and houses the grave sites of the founder, Charles Shriver, his son and my headmaster "Mr. Charles", who's son Terry is retiring from being Headmaster this year. The last time I saw Terry, was the night we sat in Mr. Charles living room and watched the first men walk on the moon!
    The whole area is congested now. There are restaurants, stores, shopping centers, hotels, and traffic!
    8 of the 16 members of my graduating class were there from all over the country. It was great to see them again. There were also some guys from the classes behind me, 1969-70, that I knew real well. One classmate is an artist, one is a teacher in Detroit, one works for Army Missile Defense, one is a pilot, one just retired from USDA, one is a priest, one is an electric contractor. They are all in real good shape physically. I guess we were taught well. Anyway, we have made contact again and will try to remain in touch. When we went to the school, we were from all walks of life, and we all agree that the school changed us forever, and for the better.

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm a 69er so I have to wait a year. My class was larger at 345, but that is small by some of todays standards. I don't know how many of us are left alive after these many years, but I know I'm willing to go another forty.lol I'll bet being one of sixteen is more meaningful than one of three hundred. There has to be a more intimate connection among you that others miss out on that perhaps helped to form your ambitions and ultimately where you are in your lives. I'm sorry every thing has changed so much in the landscape. We all need familiar things from the past just to make today real.

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    glad to hear you had fun bro. my class started a blog to keep in touch, just an idea. we still have people not on line though. lol