Class of '09

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by DIESELkat, Jan 12, 2009.

1. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Anyone shoot any '09 bows yet? I decided to sell my bow and get a brand spankin new one but Im still tryin to decide what I want. Im partial to Hoyt so I was goin to shoot the Alphamax. Id like to get my hands on the Ross Cardiac too. Also thinkin of the Truth 2 by Bear and the PSE Bow Madness. The Black Ice by Diamond is also on the short list. Nowadays, there is so much competition in the industry that just about any bow is going to be ultra top quality. Still its nice to know if there is one that stands out in a good way or bad way before spending time looking into it.

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Matter of fact I shot the Hoyt Alphamax last night. Great bow! Very smooth, quiet and great speed. I own the Hoyt Katera and can tell you the Alphamax is more forgiving in a lighter bow. I shot the Alphamax and the Alphamax 35". There isn't much difference, though the 35" is a little more forgiving and would be a better choice for the 3-D archer and hunter alike. A more well rounded bow.

I have always like the Hoyt line of bows and appreciate the advances they make in bows over the years.

Try one out and fine out for yourself. I'm sure you will be impressed.:wink: I was!! Not here to push the Hoyt line. Well maybe. LOL! Try them all. But I can tell you with the Alphamax, you will have a great bow. That's for sure!!

3. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    I shot my son in laws new Alphamax and it is pretty sweet. I think my next bow will be a Bowtech though.

4. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Im really kinda stuck on axle to axle right now. I kept telling myself my next bow would be 33" or shorter, but i dont know. I look throught the specs: 31", 33", 35"...Obviously length and brace height usually go hand in hand, which makes it a little more forgiving. My main concern about it is just mobility while on stand. 33" seems like a good mix and is most likely what I will go with.

5. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis

I have a pse firestorm x which is basically what the new bow madness bow is cept the bow madness is 1'' shorter.i really like my firestorm x shoots good and is real quiet.i shoot a 360 grain arrow with 66lb draw and 29 in and it shoots 289 FPS would assume the madness bow would be about the same......good luck