Clarksville Missouri walleye fishers

Discussion in 'Walleye Fishing' started by BILLY HOLCOMB, Jan 8, 2008.

1. BILLY HOLCOMB

BILLY HOLCOMB New Member

State:
    WINFIELD,MO
    I AM CATCHING LIMITS OF FISH JUST WENT OUT ON JAN 06,2008 WITH MY NEIGHBOR AND COUGHT OUR LIMIT PLUS!! IS ANY BODY DOING ANY GOOD AT SAVERTON OR WINFIELD??

2. bc179whitetail

bc179whitetail New Member

State:
    St.Louis Missouri
    Have not had time to get out. Sure would like to though. I have around 300 new heads made up. Good Luck All

3. BILLY HOLCOMB

BILLY HOLCOMB New Member

State:
    WINFIELD,MO
    WENT FISHING AT CLARKSVILLE AND DID NO GOOD. THE LOCKS ARE ABOUT ALL OPEN AND THE WATER IS MERKEY.ENDED UP WITH ONE STURGEON AND THE BOAT NEXT TO US ENDED UP WITH ONE CARP.FROM QUINCY TO WINFIELD MOST DAMS ARE OPEN.MAYBE I WILL GO TO MARK TWAIN LAKE AND TRY CRAPPIE FISHING.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Yes, but how was the catfishing?

5. BILLY HOLCOMB

BILLY HOLCOMB New Member

State:
    WINFIELD,MO
    DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT CAT FISHING WITH ROD AND REAL.USED TO COMMERCIAL FISH WITH NETS AND DID REALLY GOOD.GOT YOUR MESSAGE WE CANY BE FAR APART.I HAVE A BOAT AND WILL TRAVEL.I LIVE OFF HWY 47.I AM OFF ON THURSDAYS AND SUNDAYS.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

LOL, don't mention the commercial stuff too loudly or they'll murder you here! I had a bad run in with a greedy, invasive commercial guy not too long ago myself that ran his nets right under our boat while we were anchored etc....

Lots of big cats taken out by the nets and a lot of us practice catch and release on the big ones. To each his own to do what is legal so not preaching here ok?

Just up hwy 47 not too far myself.

Welcome to the BOC!

7. BILLY HOLCOMB

BILLY HOLCOMB New Member

State:
    WINFIELD,MO
    CATS WERE NOT MY PRAY,BUT BUFFALO WERE AND THEY ARE DAM GOOD TABLE FAIR. THEY SAY YOU SHOULDNT EAT THOSE BIG CATS.I MOSTLY GO AFTER THE CRAPPIE,BASS,AND WALLEYE.ALWAYS WANTED TO CATCH ONE OF THOSE BIG FLATHEADS.I KNOW MARK TWAIN AND THE RIVER GOOD BUT NEVER GOT ONE OVER 20LBS.

8. BRIANL

BRIANL New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    buddy who caught the stugeon you or your little brother?

9. BILLY HOLCOMB

BILLY HOLCOMB New Member

State:
    WINFIELD,MO
    BUT REMEMBER WHO PUT YOU ON THE FISH!!!