Clarksville area fishing report

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by bdporch, Jun 24, 2009.

1. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Ok here goes! went fishing 6/17 caught as many as we wanted to catch a great day using small cut chunks. 6/20 caught 17 decent channels and one blue. 6/22 caught 11 keepers and many small on cut shad in 1/2 inch chunks. fishing small slews and creek mouths between clarksville and dotsonville been putting in at trice landing. using small weight between 3/8 and 5/8 ounce just positioning upstream from the creek and letting my line float down to the spot. Going today seems like the heat doesnt bother the cats at all, will be fishing around the red river cumberland river intersection today. Good luck ppl and remember the fairground park is closed so no launching from there!!!! The ramp at trice landing filled up pretty quick this weekend so get there early before the skiers or u wont have a place to park. Maybe im getting old but seems like riverside and trice the only 2 boat ramps in town?????? Doenst that seem too be too small for the amount of traffic we have here? But newayz good luck and keep fishing u cant catch em from the couch!

2. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    BD, Just remember eventually there will be a big fancy marina where the fair grounds use to be. Of course us tax payers will pay for it and only about half a percent will use it. Heck i wouldnt be suprised if they charge to launch at the ramp once its done.:angry: Just food for thought.

3. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    SHHHH dont give em any ideas, u know the govt is greedy. But really wouldnt doubt what they charge to launch there. Know im gonna fish outa town for a while till the parking situation improves. Bout time to start jugging them creeks and flats agin. Had good luck last year tobbaco port, might start trying there for a while. Jugging is nice but nothing compares to them rods bending and the drag squealing. well maybe i c yall out there soon.