Clarks Hill

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by armyfisher2, Sep 16, 2008.

1. armyfisher2

armyfisher2 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey brothers Im heading to Clarks Hill this weekend and normally I take a ton of different bait and just fish for whatever bites. I want to catch some decent cats. Im not asking for your good spots or anything just some helpful hints and maybe what I should use as bait. Please help.:confused2:

2. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    My luck at Clarks hill was between Misoletoe and the Winfield Camp ground...along them slughs using bream.

Good luck....there are some cats up there....... and taste great too.

Greg AJ

3. hamhock 99

hamhock 99 New Member

State:
    connecticut
    i agree with AlatamahaJon misoletoe has a lot of nice coves to get into depending on what boat ya got with the water levels the way they are right now. definatley use bream them flatties love um if you can use um live do it, it pays off so much more let us know how it turns out

4. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    First of all Welcome to the BOC my friend. As you said the water level depending as to which sloughs you can get up into..... the area I was talking about produced me a 16 and a 20 within an hours time..... That was plenty of meat for all of us camping. Took them back and fed 12 of us...... Sorry guys for not CPR but that was supper......not wasted and put in a truck and hauled around for four hours showing all the friends, then put in a freezer and never touched for years then having the through it out. Anyway.... there are some good size Cats to be caught.

Greg AJ

5. Wayne Couick

Wayne Couick New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I never knew there catfish in this lake :crazy: I thought the stripers and hybrids ate everything else up. Just kidding awesome pictures!!

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck fishing my brother, looking forward to the report