Clarks Hill fishing ?

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bighoss, Mar 27, 2009.

1. bighoss

bighoss New Member

State:
    Thomson Georgia
    Anybody been fishing Clarks Hill ?

2. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia

I fish there once a year around the end of May and June for a week at the time. Generally around the Mistletoe State Park area. We go down to the long bridge around the rocks and get our bait (small bream). At night time we hand around some of the coves above the Park Campers and fish those areas pretty hard thru the night. Have come out of there with some good size 20 pound catfish. Bring them back and cook them up..... What a meal.

3. bighoss

bighoss New Member

State:
    Thomson Georgia
    We fish the big bridge in Licolnton or around the little river. they say there Big flat heads around Mikes marina and the big Lincolnton bridge.they had a big write up in the Georgia Outdoor News about clarks hills flat heads and best place to catch them.There talking 40 pounders!!

4. SloWater

SloWater New Member

State:
    TN
    I have been up between the Hwy 28 boat ramp and the Long Cane Boat ramp. The water has been low up there. Some catching Crappie there.
    Below the Dam is sometimes good, but this last week I was there and there were several others, no fish caught. On the South Carolina side.
    I guess I should look for a Georgia Outdoor News to see what they say.
    Gordon

5. archer1lash

archer1lash New Member

State:
    georgia
    Last year I was fairly sucessful for blues around Soap Creek and also near the Modock yacht club...I was using cut bait around mussel beds. I will begin looking for flatheads this month...

6. bighoss

bighoss New Member

State:
    Thomson Georgia
    I think we are going tomorrow night if the boats ready.Its should be a nice night.