Clarks hill catfish

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bighoss, May 3, 2009.

1. bighoss

bighoss New Member

State:
    Thomson Georgia
    We went fishing sat night.We started about 6:30 pm I started out with four poles in the water two with liver and two with crawlers.Then I caught up a bunch of small bream while I sat there.I didnt get a bite on anything for two hours.I changed too of the poles to fresh cut bait and in the next two hours I cought eight cats nothing smaller then five lbs.Was a nice night till it rained.Lots of boats out.The catfish are biting again at the Hill.

2. nbp112479

nbp112479 New Member

State:
    georgia
    Just got in to catfishing.I fishs around the raysville area and if some of yall have so tips it would be nice. I can go all over just have a place at raysville.Do yall have luck driffing like at santee or just sitting. I have a pontoon sit up just for catfish rod holder live wells bait well lights all over it .me and my dad built it and a new 115 motor. we built it to go to santee but don't have the time to go and the hill is hard to fish for cats to me thanks for the help

3. bighoss

bighoss New Member

State:
    Thomson Georgia
    I fish both bank and boat in your area around the bridge,jermany creek.most of the little river area.The cats are just starting to bite good.What kind of catfish are you after? I catch most of my flat heads down from Raysville and alot of channels at the lincolnton bridge and some blues.I fish the coves at night. Set up right at the mouth of the cove.The big ones come up in the coves at night to feed.

4. Megalodon

Megalodon New Member

State:
    georgia
    I'm heading to the Little River area Thursday night. I'll post a report on Friday. It would be awesome to keep a thread going about Clarks Hill. I fish there often and will share any info I can.

5. nbp112479

nbp112479 New Member

State:
    georgia
    Not to mean people talk about catfishing at clarks hill.It would be great to have more join in.I looking just to catch fish.I do a little jugging for cats and have had good luck doing that but time to step it up to the rod and real now.Far as bait i used worms,bream live and cut,herring.Good luck fishing Thursday night.