Clark State Fishing Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by SheLuvsCats, Feb 3, 2008.

1. SheLuvsCats

SheLuvsCats New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Clark State Fishing Lake is about 35 mi. from me. Has anyone fished there? I am wanting to get my line in the water. Would it be too early for that? Southwestern KS doesn't have a lot of water to offer.:0a36:

2. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Cathy welcome to the BOC/SOC. I dont know anything about your area but im sure someone will be here soon that can help you there.

3. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Welome, I fish Ks. and Mo. all over, but never heard of that lake.

4. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Well, (MOM):roll_eyes:. I would give ti till the end of March. the go down on the south end buy the spill way and throw some small jigs on a slip bobber tipped with a small minnow and either the crappie or the wally's should there. Or try casting up down the danm edges and slow roll a jig or small crank bait. As for cats you might go down to the last cove on the east side the water is fairly deep there straight from the southeast point.

Hope this helps!
    Chris(your son):big_smile:

5. hookslinger

hookslinger Member Supporting Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Name:
    Tony
    I fished Clark lake, have the best luck on the north end, shad move in there in the evening. If you have a boat go back in the upper end to the wood in the month of May and hang on. Good time to use dip bait. Had good luck on the main side at night. The channels I caught average 3 to 5lbs. One of my favorite lakes expectally in this area.