Clark Hill

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Foxhound, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Any of you guys ever fish the Clarks Hill area ???????? Especially the area around Mistletoe Park and Elijah Clark. These look like they would hold some huge flat heads and blues. I seen some guys pull a couple of big flatheads out from under a boatramp at Elijah Clark last summer.

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I fished it a couple times last year up the Little River branch (GA side). We caught one flathead, but I have no doubt that there are some monster flatheads in that section. I did not like the "main" river portion of the lake though. The little river branch had a ton of brush and wood and was more what I was looking for. I have read that folks do well in this area as well. Let us know how you do if you go!

3. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    that is a nice alligator foxhound:wink:

4. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    nice flat head:big_smile:

5. hammertime

hammertime New Member

State:
    Ga.
    Little river is a good place. Lots of flat heads I pulled a few out last year noodling.

6. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    :eek:oooh:noodling oh man he likes get with it deem cats.

7. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    I fished Clarkhill last summer and caught a 16 and 20 lb in an hours time. Some really good fishing up there around the Mistletoe State Park area going west. Will be back up there around May sometime. We stay a week at the time and have real good luck. Fish Cats with brim and shad that we catch for bait.
    AJ

8. turk

turk New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Clark Hill is loaded with monster flatheads, I just wish I could figue out how to catch them on a rod and reel.

9. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hey you can always try a trot line or jugging, :eek:oooh: lol.

10. smackover

smackover New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have thought about fishing some noodles in the Mistletoe area.

Have your catches been on R&R, trotline, ?

Any recommended baits besides bream ?

Any recommendations on time of year ?

Regards

Smackover

11. bighoss

bighoss New Member

State:
    Thomson Georgia
  12. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    will be at elijah clarck state park 21 st of june . a crappie fishing frind will be coming home from irac . Deric Fulton . he is a clarck hill crappie guide when he is home .he has don some showes for B&M pole . hen does fish for cats in the summer some . we hope that there will be a big turnout for hem and his platoon that is coming back with hem .

13. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    go to my outdoor tv and put crappie in the search on the right sie of page . scroll down to clarck hill trolling .there you will find Deric on a fishing show with some good crappie fishing tips .

14. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    I grew up in Augusta and have fished that lake more times than I can count. Everytime I am home for a visit I pack up and go to the lake. There are allot of Flatheads in the lake, you just have to find the areas where they are at. Like it was stated in previous posts, the area around the Little River bridge is an excellent place for Flatties as is the area around the dam on the lake side. These two areas are probably the best choice because of all the rip rap they have around them. The western side of the lake form the Little river towards Elijah Clarke State park is a very good area for fishing. There is also some really good Blue fishing below the dam on the Savannah River. There is allot of good fishing spots in Augusta. The Lock and Dam by the airport is a great place to catch cats. I have seen some really nice size cats come out of there. There is a ton of structure along that stretch of the river. If you are in the Little River area stop by the Pair of Jacks store and ask for advice. They are great people and if you happen to make it to the Lock and Dam stop by the Bait and Tackle store at the entrance and they will give you good information as well.

15. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Headed for Clark Hill this weekend. We stay a week at the time. Love fishing there. That is where I caught my last 20 pounder........ Hope to see someone from the BOC up there. Would really love to catch one of those MONSTERS....

AJ

16. bighoss

bighoss New Member

State:
    Thomson Georgia
    :wink:I fished some a clark hill friday night a place called the back waters from 7:30 till about 10:30 caught 6 eaters.I fished fished by the Lincolnton bridge today didnt catch much.I will be fishing Sat at Clarks Hill also.I have fished this lake off and on most of my life.I live only about 7 mile from there now (i lived right at the lake for 9 years) Catfish are starting later this year it hasnt warmed up enough yet.The water still cool.For flat heads I use live herring or bream,Blues about the same, and channel cats almost any thing.I beleave the fishing will pick up in a couple of weeks. Good luck on all your fishing. Thanx

17. nbp112479

nbp112479 New Member

State:
    georgia
    I live about 10 min from the lake and have a place on the lake fish it all my life just started to get in to catfishing.Me and my dad fish SAT and SUN for a little bit got 3 small one need help do you fish deep water or shallow water this time of the year and we like to drift to ? We go to santee fishing to but its not the same here. In the Raysville part.If i can get some info it would help a lot and thanks alot.

18. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Generally at night fish about 4 -6 somtimes 8 ft. deep. We are going to try and find some stucture areas that I was told was there and get a gps on it.... we plan on doing some scouting for some deep holes up towards Raysville. Generally fish the Ga. Side but may move on up to the SC side and see how it does....

Good luck and hope to meet ya up there.

AJ

19. nbp112479

nbp112479 New Member

State:
    georgia
    We are going to fish all weekend thanks for info. I'll let yall now what we did. We fished all over the last weekend we pick up all 3 in the same place didn't get a hit but in one place thanks again!!!!

20. bighoss

bighoss New Member

State:
    Thomson Georgia
    :smile2:Any luck a clarks hill this weekend?I fished the river didnt catch much.But I caught an eel for the first time.It was at night and when I pulled it in the boat my brother almost jumped out.(he thought it was a snake} I laughed so hard I almost fell in.Not alot of fish but a good time.
    thanx