Clark Hill South Carolina

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Apr 8, 2006.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Come on theyres got to be somebody on here that fishes kittys on the Hill.

2. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey chrisblue. I fish Clarks Hill quite regular for cats. In fact, when I go catfishing I am torn between santee and clarks hill. The lake is full of cats and there are some pigs in there. 2 years ago I had a blue along side the boat that I know would have broken the Georgia state record. He was huge. I've boated blues up tp 37lbs., flatheads up to 33lbs. and channels up to 17lbs. The blues are really bad to suspend like stripers during the day and the flats are usually deep. The channels suspend sometimes with the blues. I know some good spots if you need some info.

3. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i have caught some some good blues and flatties anchored on the river edge and fishing shallow for stripers with cut bait around hickory knob at night during april and may.

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I appreciate the info fellas I knew somebody had to fish the hill for em.What area do you catch the most blues SeaArk I've fished the Hill regularly for 7 or 8 years and never targeted catfish always striper I have caught a couple small flats and channels at night under bridges but never nothing big I know alot of flathead holes up in the little river SC side but my boat want fit under the bridges to get up there.I have also heard that alot of big blues and flats are caught around the Parksville area but once again Ive never tried em.

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Went to the hill today drifted and drifted and drifted even with a 10 foot drift sock we where still moving 2 mph I like a 0.4 to 0.7 mph drift.The only thing that could catch up to the bait was old linesides, we was moving a little to fast for Mr. whiskers.We did find some pretty descent fish in some deep water but couldnt get anchored in 25 mph winds.Ended up with 2 stripers and a couple of pulloffs not real sure if they were catfish.I got a little discouraged but I'm not gonna give up on the hill yet.

6. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey Chris. I fished Clarks Hill Friday thru Monday and had about the same luck. I wanted to fish the deep water to but instead I fished the upper part. The wind was awful just about all the time. Thats the main reason I didn't fish the lower end. Even at night there was a good breeze. I got lucky and caught 11 channels, 2 blues and 3 stripers. Nothing over 4 lbs. though. The big ones are still in deep water down river. About 2 more weeks and they will be up river. Got to get above the 70 degree mark. The water up lake was 65 to 67 degrees on the surface. Didn't mark many fish at all. Everyting I caught was at night in 6 to 11 ft of water. I wished I had checked my emails before I left. We could have gotten together and fished. I am heading for Hartwell Friday morning if we don't work.