CJ Channel catfish 1-17-10

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by dinkbuster1, Jan 17, 2010.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    was at CJ today (1-17) with Chubbahead out from the campground, had a lot of slush and pooling water on top but still good ice between 4-6 inches. fished 2 different spots next to the old roadbed, ended up with 4 dink channels, 2 on rod 2 on tip-ups. was using cut shad and chicken livers. to my suprise seen 3 other fishermen out near us jigging for walleyes, talked to one when we left, he had apparently just caught and released a nice channel cat. when we left though we jumped across a big crack that loosened up and had water coming through and both ice sheets were moving when we got near the crack. wont be back out there anytime soon! also attached is a creepy video of one of the channels trying to swim after i cleaned him lol.

[youtubevid]Lbr2Hkadp5w[/youtubevid]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010
  2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Looks like a good day out Mike, Glad to hear you guys caught some channels. I have been disappointed in the weather here lately, hope we get some good ice without snow soon! rollo

3. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    congrats on the ice channels..........be careful out there that sure sounds scary to me..............i wish i could figure out the cold water channels here in the river ............i never catch them before March