CJ Brown Reservoir - Anyone wanna join me? Ice fishing for channel catfish!

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dinkbuster1, Feb 9, 2007.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    gonna try my first ever attempt at ice fishing for channels at CJ brown reservoir on Saturday. i've caught them before fishing for other fish during ice, but never targeted them specifically. been studying several different maps this week and think i know where they will be hanging out. my "partner" for this crazy endeavor backed out because of babysitting issues but i am still gonna give it a shot. sure would like some company from a fellow "wack-job" so it doesnt feel so cold.:crazy:

2. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Mike, if I was anywhere close to ya, you wouldn't be the only idiot out there!!! I'd go with ya in a heartbeat! I ain't got good sense either. :tounge_out: But unfortunately, I'm a couple thousand miles south of ya right now. The southern Bay of Campeche on an oil rig, to be exact. It got down to a chilly 78 degrees last night!!!:roll_eyes: Probably be in the upper 90's again today! Good luck and don't freeze to death!!!!:wink:

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Man oh man, I think the two of us would make the ice crumble, lol.

Good luck brother, let me know how ya did.

4. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    I would join you Dink but I have got to have a boat underneath me, I get very nervous on ice, rescued too many people when I was a Paramedic and just can't hang around that stuff hearing it crack and groan just makes me shake, i won't even go out and sit on the docks in the Marina as soon as that ice comes off the lake I'll be on the water for sure, good luck be safe and post how you do, as you know Shad rule on that lake, I have some frozen and vacuumed if you need some, the old road bed from route 4 to the campgrounds would be a great spot to try around the old bridge that is in the water right there.......Doc

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Dink, If I didnt have to man 2 different booths at the fishing show in Cinci, Id be there with ya!, so let me know if you have any options for going out on Sunday, Im good until about 2:30 or so.
    Let me know, btw, I doubt the ice is thick enough for you "and" the Babysitter....:eek:oooh:
    Salmonid

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    oh yeah, its thick enough! vic and i went over to eastwood today and checked it out....7 inches! 7 inches is plenty, another inch and i woulda been out on it doin donuts with the Nissan:tounge_out:. CJ is no doubt even thicker, Doc said it was froze over while there was still open water on Eastwood. not sure if i'm going out to CJ on Saturday, thats a big lake and would be extremely lonely out there by myself, couldnt get anyone to go not even Mike! maybe we can hook up and go Sunday. if i dont go tomorrow i'll no doubt be at eastwood trying for channels and saugeye.

7. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Is the ice thick out there? i was thinking of going this week after school, but not sure if it could support my big butt:tounge_out: