Cj Brown July 14

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Big Eli, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Went for another all-nighter on Thursday after work and had a good night. The bite was kind of slow but steady all night. Got in at 7:30pm and left at 9am next morning.

The sallows were'nt producing anything but bait stealers. Had most of my luck in 9 to 12 fow.

Attached Files:

2. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    More Picture from Thursday night

Attached Files:

3. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    More pictures from Thursday night

Attached Files:

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Eli, well done looks like a nice batch of eaters in there! I hope you get to make it out to the CJ outing so you can show us where they are.....:tounge_out:
    Just curious, if you got them in deep water, were you drifting or anchored and what were you using for bait?
    Best bite , was it late or early the next morning?

Thanks for the info as Im sure others are interested in knowing as well.
    Salmonid

5. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    I'll be at the outing for sure. My nefuw is haveing a leaveing for Irac party that afternoon so I may be a little late. But thats alright cause I don't want to be out in the heat anyway.

12' in Cj is not really deep. There are some 30-40' holes in there but most of that part of the lake gets churned up all hours of the day. The middle water I was in runs in and around the the no wake break point heading north. I had some bites on the frozen shad I had left over from the GMR outting but I have the most luck there using green shrimp.

By the way thanks tons for the schooling you gave me on the bait casters at the GMR. I'm tearing em up on thoughs things now. I think I need to rebuild the drags now!

I'll be fishing CJ this Thursday as well. May not see pictures of fish on the tail gate this time. Freezer is happy!

See ya all the 5th.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish brother, congrats on the catch. You better put me on em at the Gathering.

7. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Tea;

I can only say I've been fortunate lately and you know how it goes. That's why they call it fishing not catching!! But I will promise you I will work hard to get us on fish!

Maybe I can learn to thro the cast net by then and we can get some shad for bait as well.

We'll have another good time regardless!