CJ Brown and Ceasers creek

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CatBobJimFish, May 21, 2009.

1. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    2 good sized reservoirs both not far from me, yet oddly enough I've never visited.

I hear CJ brown is good for channels and the occasional flatty, what do you guys think?

What about Ceasers Creek? I know this is the place to go for Pike and Musky, but how is it for cats? With a max depth of 110 feet I would think this lake has to hold some monsters!

2. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    sorry bubba i cant help ya with any thing out there in dayton, but iv hear a lot about c j brown:big_smile:. i ve been wanting to try it, so ill be looking back in here to see what folks say good luck brother:wink:

3. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

Hey, if ever you're over that way gimmie a holler, I've been looking for some kindof excuse to make it out there.:wink:

4. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Don't know alot about Caeser Creek,Larry. I've heard it's just an ok channel lake though. CJ on the other hand is a real good channel lake for numbers and holds decent sized fish as well though it's been a long time since i fished out there. If you wanna hit it sometime i'd be interested. Only about 40 minutes from me.

5. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Thanks Garrett, I'm definatly looking at getting out that way within a few weeks..... from the looks of it it's only about 20 mins away from me.

Think I'm gonna have to give Ceasers a try too though.... if for nothing else than to try to hookup with a Musky or two:wink:

6. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    hey that sounds good, dayton's not far off from me, its just that around columbus, and in s. ohio there s so much fishing to pick from.i will make it out there ive been wanting to hit c j :big_smile:

7. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    CJ is good for channels as well as blues... Yes there is a growing population of Blue cats if CJ. And Caesar... Just ask a bass fisherman about the channel cats there. They can't keep them away from their jug n pig. The rip rap near the dam is a great spot for channels. And the recommendation is to fish a float right off the shore. There are also some big shovelheads in Caesar's too.