CJ Brown 8-5-06

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Doctor, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Took my son in Law with me to CJ, when we arrived there was a Walleye tournament going on so we just waited till the boats were removed put the boat in getting bait was easy right at the wall, best thing they ever built, it is a major Shad attractor.

Headed back to the North end and drifted, on two passes we picked up four nice fish all at about 4 pounds each, looking at the map I noticed that all the fish were in a localized area so decided to anchor down near a rock pile, for the next hour we were slamming good channels with the biggest at 5 pounds all caught on cut shad suspended under a bobber about 4 foot down, we boated better than 30 fish, my son in law was on a major hot spot, I watched him catch 8 in a row as fast as he could get rebaited, my other son in law called and wanted to know how we were doing so we had to pull and go get him, marked the spot and returned and again they both were slamming channels, we had decided to stay late since the action was hot and heavy but a shorted out light switch kept poping the breakers on the boat and we were forced to head back to the dock, no navigational lights, major bummer, but talk about having a blast and catching a bunch of hard fighting fish, water was 86 degrees back there and green..............Doc

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thats cool. i figured with all this heat they would be shut down during the day in that end of the lake. hopefully they will be biting that good for the gathering:smile2:

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is awesome Doc, congrats on the catches.

4. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I hope they're hitting that good for the gathering or otherwise there might be a long line of boats following the Doctor to his good spots. Sounds like you found where they live, congratulations on a good day.

5. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats Doc on the catches! Hopefully we can hook up sometime soon and give em hell!

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good report Doc. Just don't wear them out too bad before the gathering..:cool2:

7. fish-n-fool

fish-n-fool New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Doc - This is too funny, I saw David out there anchored on that rock pile that same night in his Lund. He caught one dink lber and was bored out of his mind - evidently you pulled all his fish:lol: I took a buddy out from 7-1am and we fished the creek channel in the north end. The bite was slow, but aggressive and we caught larger fish too. The total was 1 snapping turtle, 11 channels - only 3 under 4 lbs. My buddy got the largest 28.5 inches and 7lbs 12ounces on the digital.

David came back and anchored down within casting distance and fished for an hour or so - no bites. He did watch me pull a double and both were >5lbs.

8. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Went both Friday and Saturday night. Ancored and drifting. Caught 5 or 6 4 to 5 lbers and a lot of little ones. My nefuw was with me on Saturday night and he caught a massive soft shell, must have been 20+ lbs. tore the he!! out of my net!!! Carp were ative as well!

I need to learn to thro the net!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. fish-n-fool

fish-n-fool New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Eli - were there 3 of you guys on the toon? Green top? I'm sure we saw you out there somewhere?

I have a 19' starcraft center console with red bimini; just 2 of us Sat night.
    We passed the point by the no wake around 12:45 pm and one of the 2 toons that were out was in that area.

10. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Those fish have been on fire for a couple of weeks, really surprised that they have been back in the shallows normally they are on that stump row in the middle of the North end and drifting has been the way to get them.

I saw a toon back at Goose Island was that you Eli?

I'm going to try and make it to the outing we have a club tournament that weekend but I also have a Pro tournament the following weekend, if the gas prices jump like they have been I'll not go to the club tournament but come to the outing so I'll have enough money saved for the Pro tournament.

Been doing well on Shad against the North Breaker wall, just got to keep working that whole wall, throw the net and count to three, at four your going to be on top of the boulders and your going to lose a net, I drew a good crowd Saturday watching me throw the net for bait, also had a heckler hollering at me that I'm not allowed to catch bait that way, musta been a PETA dude, I paid no attention but just kept throwing the net. Six throws and I had the livewell full.

All our fish have been coming off of floats the last couple of weeks been going half way down on the depth 6 ft under the bobber at 12 foot 3 foot at 6 foot, they been doing the " Jaws" thing to those bobbers, Chuck was having a blast letting them run with it and watching the water pour over the top of the bobber while they were dragging it...........Doc

11. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Friday night there was 3 of us. Saturday night 5. Give me a shout next time. We need to just holler out "HOW ABOUT THE BOC" I have be wanting to get me a BOC flag but have not taken the time. Ya know idle time is fishing time!!!! Toon is Tan w/ green stripes and a green top.

12. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats,i'm going to try and go to cj this weekend hopefully i can have the same luck you had

13. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Good job at c.j. im going to have to make it down there to get some of that good cat'in.

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Greetings from NW Missouri! Sounds like you all had a blast nothin like catchin fish as soon as you throw in the bait. What a way to have a nice fun day,very cool!! pk powell:cool2: :big_smile:

15. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton

16. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Eli,
    I'm planing on being there, for those of you that throw nets on the wall, after the net hits the water count to three and pull back if you go to four your going to be hung on those massive boulders and not going to get your net back, those Shad work in and out of that wall area most of the day, get there early in the morning and one throw should do you for the entire day, I need to go out there in the middle of the night and see if they gather heavy around the lights that are in the dock area, we should have a great time looking forward to it.........Doc