City Raccoons

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wil, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i was watching Americas funniest home videos last night and one of the videos was of a raccoon that kept sneaking into the house at night. The family lived in some big city i cant remember the name but the raccoon kept sneaking into the house through the family's dog door to steal cat food. The first time the families small lap dog chased the coon out. The coon was at least 20 pounds and couldve easily demolished that little thing. The next time the coon tried sneaking it was clawed at by the families cat. Once again that coon wouldve had no problem taking that cat out. Theres a big difference between city coons and boony coons. Ive seen coons here in south east nebraska that have kicked the tar out 50-60 pound hounds. I thought the video was funny cuz the domestic animals thought they were all tough

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That just goes to show ya what a city does to an animal! THOSE domestic animals ARE tough!!! :laugh:

Maybe that's why my dad renigged on his promise to get me a coon for a pet, when I was a kid. We were right on the edge of the city limits THEN.....I suppose raccoons caught there couldn't be trusted. And we DID have two cats and a dog.

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I'm wonderin if its just the circumstances, and bein in a strange area. Probably so much easy food around that it knows it can get more easily someplace else. Could be it had an escape route, cornered animals are real mean. Seen a video the other day, someone feeding a coon outa their hand, they thought it was cute, then the coons got brave and were coming around real often and becoming a nusiance. They are also smart animals too, they got trapped, and other coons opened the cage for em.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Never under estimate a coon. They can be mean as hell and are very smart

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i hear ya there brother