City or Country

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by smokey, Dec 5, 2007.

where did you grow up?

1. city

2. country

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just a fun poll to find out Where you grew up.In the city or country.

City

country
    Me I was a country boy untell the age of 18.

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Smokey, I grew up in or near the same town that I was born in..... back then you could walk 3-4 blocks away from the ocean, and then you were in the country...... nowadays, all the land is taken up with the cities touching one another, and there is no open space...... I really know what you are talking about as "country".....can't do the stuff now that was a part of life years back..... use to be able to go find snakes and things......can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy........"Merry Xmas to you and yours"

bayrunner ray

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    country all the way.closest town had 91 population.has 86 population now.only town i know of that has realy made progress in keeping the population down.

4. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Where we lived in southeast texas when I was a kid we were so far back in the woods we used Hoot owls for chickens.:roll_eyes:

5. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I have a hard time answering this question. I moved so much that I lived in both as a youth. Wasn't really sure if you meant that, or in town or outta town.

Some of the cities I have lived in as a youth: Fargo ND, Orlando FL, Panama City FL (it was almost country in the winter, but nuts come summer)

Thankfully, now I live in the country. 3 miles from a town of about 4000. 3/4 mile of gravel until my house. Just the way I like it. It's nice and quiet and if I run outta smokes, its easy to get to town.:smile2:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Camden New Jersey. Its a toilet now and I won't get into why. Grew up with stick ball, football in the street from corner to corner, half ball, jail break and countless other creative games. Tons of good luncheonettes and corner stores. Wasn't nothin like a good jewish pickle out of a wooden barrel and wash it down with a YooHoo. LOL! Grew up rite next to a huge freight yard. Maybe thats why I work on the railroad now. LOL!

7. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Country all the way....... heck, where I grew up was so far back in the country we didn't get the Grand Ole Opry till Sunday morning!

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I grew up on Air Force installations until I was 18. So, I guess that means city.

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I grew up in a small town. I always considered myself country. Now I live in the rural area of my county. You can count the cars that go by in 1 day on 1 hand. I love it. Only 10 minutes away from some great fishing. You can have the big cities. Give me the country........A country boy can survive!

10. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Grew up in small town, live in the country now...

Lived in the city for awhile - will never do it again. I'm perfectly happy right here!

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I grew up in the country and when I grew up I left home and moved an hour further into the country.

We rely on a general store alot to keep from going to town so much.:wink:

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I grew up 5 miles from a small town and lived on a lake. That was fun!
    Bill

13. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I grew up in the city, a small suburb which has now been totally absorbed by the city.
    When I got older I sold my starter home in the city and moved out to a more rural setting on 5 acres.
    That was 12 years ago. Now again urban sprawl is starting to surround me.
    It is getting time to move out farther from the city again.
    When I retire I will move plenty far away from the city where as to not have to move again, by a good catfish river of course.

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I lived in the country for a few years but mostly I have been in the city wanting to get back to the country...I am urban

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. Im a Browns, Indians and Cavs Fan.
    I left home in '91 when I joined the Corps and spent the next 11 years in California. Now I've been in Az for the last 5 years and as hot as it gets there I gotta tell ya that there is nothing like getting out of the city and watching the Az sky at sunset...

16. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I was borned and raised in the country over in KY but I now live on my 150 acre farm here in southern Ohio where I'm not crowded by neighbors and only 16 miles from the river.

17. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I grew up mostly in the city. In fact, I moved in with my father my senior year of High School. He lived in a rural small town outside of Dallas Texas. I drove a 1966 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible. That car would fly. 483 commando engine..anyway, it was red. Came home one day to cows in the yard. I thought they were bulls; didn't know how to tell the difference. I was afraid to get out of my car, because it being red, I thought they might charge me.
    I drove to the local fire/police/library/courthouse (all in one little building) and got the one cop they had to come make sure I got in the house without these "bulls" charging me. They were gone by the time we got back to the house. I'll bet that cop still laughs about it.

18. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I grew up along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Mainly in Biloxi and Ocean Springs. Every once in a while my brother and I would visit my grandpa that lived 2 hours inland. He had a cows, chickens, dogs and cats and land to roam. We loved going up there. Thats where I met my husband.

When Mom and Dad took us fishing, it was usually in back bay in Biloxi. Done alot of Salt Water fishing. Was nice watching the dolphines or going to the crawfish festivals and fishing rodeos. I miss the salt water and beaches.

19. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I grew up in the country...near a small rural Kansas farming town. (Pop. 2700)

I still live in the same area...although we moved into the city limits.

It's not the same as living in a real CITY...but its bad enough. (I HATE having close in neighbors!)

We own our home...and have for 13 years. Truly...its a big reason we havent moved our kids back to the country.

Except for the obvious and MAIN reason...No mortgage = more fishing gear....new all weld jet boat...more...wha? :crazy:

OHHH HEY sweetheart!! I didn't think you were getting home from work until 3 o'clock!! Whats that say on the computer screen? Oh Nothing...just getting ready to close it out. Nothin suspicious goin' on here...:wink:....Click!

20. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I grew up in a town that by any stretch of the imagination you couldn't call a city lol. Folks from a city would call it country. Spent most of my time in the woods though. All of my relatives lived on farms. My mother a widowed RN needed to be close to her work or I would have been country full time. Now I happily live in a village which could be considered a city depending on your perspective. lol I have to consider my self country though as I could live off of the land, but probably wouldn't stand a chance in the back alleys of New Your! lol:crazy::wink::big_smile: