City of evansville

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by JustinM, Sep 23, 2009.

1. JustinM

JustinM New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone else see the city is getting sued by the Feds? Dumping raw sewage into the ohio, and pigeon creek? The full article is on channel 14 web site. One more reason to CPR on the river!

2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats kinda horrible! one more reason to not like the city of Eville! nothing against the people. but the city officials on the other hand who knew about this...now thats different :angry:

3. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    Yeah I heard that on the radio while at work tonight. Said it had to do with something with the water runoff from the sewers or some other bull s&^! like that. Way to put just another black eye on the area :sad2: All the crap going on in the cities around here keep pushing people outta there and closer to me. :angry::angry::angry:

4. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    Sorry, didn't see the news link you posted JustinM.

Maybe instead of complaining about the money it would cost to fix the problem, they should switch the funds that are going towards the new stadium to the water treatment plants and sewer systems... just a thought...

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Aint that the city biga is from?

6. newburghcatfish

newburghcatfish New Member

State:
    Newburgh Indiana
    Yes biga is from evansville

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    what the hell do i got to do with it,.....:smile2: seriously i think out mayor is a growth from the presidents butt crack...... i have had a few heated conversations with him over the flooding at my house and him building a stadium instead of fixing the problems... i even asked him is i could put my racecar in the new stadium to keep it out of the flood waters at my house!!! he told me i was unreasonable:smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. tswebb71

tswebb71 Member

State:
    So. IL
    This has been going on for a number of years. The problem only really occurs when there is a big rainstorm. Downpours overwhelm the sewer treatment facility and then raw sewage ends up in the river. the Clean Water Act mandates that all runoff water go through the treatment facility. That is what causes major problems. Think about how much water is sent to the facility just by running off parking lots and streets during a downpour!! Quite frankly, it is a problem nationwide and not just in Evansville.

I don't mean to diminish the gravity of the problem. However, I don't think it is quite as egregious as the story portrays it to be.

9. Catfish_Commando

State:
    Georgia
    I learned that watching politics this year.

Called blame association.

If evansville is bad, and biga is from evensville, then biga has to be bad too! :smile2:

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    ok guilt by association..... i got it:wink: guess i need to move south to spread the bad reputation down there !!!!!

11. Catfish_Commando

State:
    Georgia
    LOL!

Your money is still good on the BOC though! :smile2:

I forgive you up to that point... :smile2:

12. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana

Boy am I glad you live DOWN river from me brother!! :smile2::smile2:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  13. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Just read the article and saw the video...how nasty is that?!

14. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    im glad they left me out of all this.

15. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    MONEY??? MONEY?? WHATS MONEY??? i am just a poor boy from indiana trying to get by in the catfishing world!!!

16. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    im just a poor boy trying to get into the catfishing world ...said i dont make enough to qualify for the foodstamps they offer.

17. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    With all of the Evansville chit floatin downstream it should create a chum trail for you guys on that section of water.:smile2:

18. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    to tell you the truth.. i have never seen raw turds at thesewer discharge in evansville but a couple miles down river at the henderson sewer pipe i have got some FLOATERS in my cast net!!!!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::confused2::sad2::crazy:

19. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    :smile2::smile2: Dont ya know all us KY boy's are full of chit!:smile2::smile2: