City Of Brotherly Love?

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by PhillyCatcatcher4, Jul 24, 2007.

1. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    It has disturbed me recently that every time I look at the news paper or turn on my local news that all I hear about is MURDER.The murder count in Philadelphia has has reached 233 this year :0a15: . Besides working & fishing there are few other things that I feel safe doing in my city.Raising 4 children in a city that is filled with so much violence has me feeling a little down.So I'm asking for some much needed prayers from you all.Maybe things will take a turn for the better and people will start using better judgement,and start putting the guns down.Thank You PEACE.:0a23:"Stop the killing Pick up a fishing Rod"

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    prayers from Arkansas sent.

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Sad to say as I posted this thread the total was 234.very sad!!!:cry::cry::cry::0a4::0a4::0a4::0a7::0a7

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Prayers sent Greg, thats what happens ,sadly when people are crammed togather in citys

5. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and PRayer sent from ky.

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Prayers sent from Indiana for your city. I bought a Ford pickup off ebay a few years ago from your town. Flew in at night and slept on a bench at the airport till morning. Your homeless folks looked me over and thought they had another brother at the airport. lol

Seemed like a nice town then.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Prayer ain't gonna do it. Until the rsidents are ready to take it back and the politicians stop puttin on thier useless, toothless shows of police presence nothin will get better. There is no valid punishment bein dished out when they are caught therefore there is no deterent. It isn't just Philly. Its the whole dam country!

8. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    George that is a good point.Being from right over the bridge I'm sure you catch some of the newscast that I'm talking about.I also beleive that society is too soft on murderers. :doubt:

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for all of todays society brother.

10. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I would tell you to come down my way, but the Washington DC area is hardly any safer!

Prayers for peace...

11. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    Sad to say as of today the count is 267 for the year. Philly is closing in on 300 murders for the year. :cry::0a4::0a15:

12. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Prayers sent from Iowa Greg.

13. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Unfortunately, the murder rate is up here this year, too. Prayers sent from Illinois.

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Katina: I can relate a little. I spent 19 years in the Chicago area. A man from cornfields and cows, I never felt unsafe, even though I was in some of the most unsafe neighborhoods in the city, neighborhoods of all kinds. I was totally naive. That is what saved my rear end several times. I was taught to treat all people with respect regardless of station in life. Color did not even have anything to do with it. I don't mean here to even begin to think you are talking about these murders as color related and please don't think so. I don't know the statistics you are referring to.

I don't know color. I only know men. Some of the finest people I know are not my color. Some of the worst people I know are my color. My roots were given to me by my parents. I assume you and Philly are natives to your environment. Where did your parents come from? Were they Southern or rural? Where did those values of your family go? I don't know the answer. I can go back to where I was raised and find the same loss. Something, somewhere has changed and it is scary. You and Philly seem good folk. I could not live long in an environment I feared on a daily basis. Right now it is changing where I live in the middle of nowhere, I don't know where to go from here. John.

15. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Sadly the murder rate here has not slowed.To date the total is 303, and this morning I saw on the news that a police officer was shot in the face. I will continue to pray for peace on the streets & in the world.:cry::worship:PEACE.

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Greg Prayers and thoughts sent for your family. May God wrap his arms of safety about you.

17. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    prayers sent from Colorado, and my faimlys .