Citgo Gas

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Jul 12, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Citgo Petroleum Corp has deciided to stop selling gas to U.S. stations. This forces owner of stations to find another sorce of getting gas.
    Citgo is wholly owned by Venezuelas state oil company.some of the states that are going to be cut are Ia,Kansas,Kentucky,Mo.,Neb,N.D,Ohio,Okla,and So.Dakota.
    A limited amount of stations in Il.,Tx,Ark, and Iowa will also be affected.
    Venezuela is worlds 5th largest oil exportor and the U.S. is it's top buyer.u.s. relied on Venezuela for about 11% of it'supply in 2005.
    Another reason to raise gas.

2. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I never bought Citgo anyway. I buy only Shell because I have a Shell credit card that gives me a 5% rebate. Every little bit helps.

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    The news also said:
    While it may create some logistical headaches for gasoline retailers in the short term, the move should not have any impact on the nation's overall fuel supply.

I too never bought Citgo when we lived where it was sold. I remember once they got a load of gas at one station that was contaminated with caustic. Fouled a bunch of fuel injectors. But Citgo paid for all the repairs.

We usually buy at SAMS or Kroger.. at Kroger can get up to .10 cents a gallon off and Discover card pays 1 % cash back, makes almost 13 cents a gallon.

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hugo Chavez can kiss my ____! LOL

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    SORRY PEOPLE DONT GET MAD BUT: when they cut us off we should start by sending back the many illegals from Venezuala lets see them support there infrastructures with all the people coming back and Our money leaving. But then again Im sure China will snatch up the excess oil If that is not already the reason for Venezuala's departure from us

6. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Tom said it all.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Just gives the other suppliers another excuse to raise the barrel cost. Hugo can kiss mine too.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Dayton I sure hope you are right brother, I am tired of my gas prices going up.

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I don't buy gas from them, but I can't take much more of gas prices going up. I'm already dricing as little as possbiel and lumping as many errands as possible into one trip.

10. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I read a few articles and some interviews a while back from the CEO of the company that provides Citgo gas.

His personal goal is to bring down the U.S. government. Seems strange to think that when we were buyin ghis gas, we were funding his efforts to bring us down.

Robert

11. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Just another reason to practice conservation-something we seem to have forgot since the 70's..........drilling in wilderness areas isn't the answer.

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I agree with everyone on him kiss my ass! The guy hates the U.S. The price of gas did jump yesterday. New record. I did not see what the closing price was tho. With Isreal kicking butt, korea, Iran........ The price is goiing to keep going up. I am quite lucky to live real close to the lakes I fish and I use my trolling motor alot!
    Bill

13. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    China has the same goals in mind. I don't know why we are dealing with a communist government in the first place.

14. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    According to the news story I read, It's not so much a political thing. Citgo was having to buy gas from third parties to keep Citgo branded stations going. They decided to stop buying from the third parties and only sell what they could produce at their own refineries where there would be more profit. They cut supplied to certain states and will continue to serve some areas.

I still would not but Citgo gas unless there was no other choice.

15. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Isn't CITGO one of the prime BASSMASTERS sponsors?Jeez that will piss Ray Scott off if the CEO of Citgo is trying to bring down the US government.China has very quietly been aquiring gas and oil leases.companies and properties in order to gain domination of the world oil supplies.They have learned the SOVIET lesson in which it wasn't our missiles that brought the USSR down it was the "DOLLAR".China will not make that mistake,and they currently have levered themselves up to major player by going to those countries that hate us and offering economic aid in exchange for oil properties ,companies etc.Have to admire their technique and they are winning.:angry: