Citation Paper

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by OV-DUSTY, Jun 21, 2008.

1. OV-DUSTY

OV-DUSTY New Member

State:
    Va
    I Have A Question About Citation Paper For Big Blue Cats. I Always Go to James River With My Fishing Kayak. I Caught Some Nice Big Cats So I Would Love To Get A Citation Paper For Big Blue Cats But I Don’t Want To Keep It So How Can I Get A Citation Paper then Put Blue Cats Back in The Water Or Do I Have To Bring Big Bliue Cats With Me To Fishing Shop For Sign Up Citation Paper? Or Do I Need A Witness? Let Me Know Thanks

Dusty

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't know but I sure don't want any citation for anything. LOL

3. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Go to the web site for your state fish and game dept then read the regs for getting a citation. here in Florida you only need a picture of you and the fish (I take a second picture with the fish and a tape measure showing its size). You also need to fill out a form (down load from web site) and have a witness sign it.

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    In-Fisherman has a Master Angler Awards Program and a caught and released blue cat needs to be 42" long to qualify from the region VA is in. You'll need pics of you with the fish. You can probably find a complete list of rules on their website.

5. OV-DUSTY

OV-DUSTY New Member

State:
    Va
    Gotcha, Thank U Very Much

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Here you go:
    http://www.dgif.state.va.us/forms/EDUC/EDUC-006.pdf

Print a couple of these out and take them with you fishing.

You have 3 options:
    1) Weight certification - must take the fish to a set of certified scales and have them fill out the witness info

2) Length certification with witness - if you have a fishing partner, they can sign the witness info to certify your fish by length

3) Length certification with photo - if you fish alone, you will need a picture of the fish, some say the photo needs to clearly show the fish's length, others say just a photo of the fish.

7. OV-DUSTY

OV-DUSTY New Member

State:
    Va
    Thanks Alot JPritch!