Circleville, OH Boat Ramp

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Catstalker07, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Catstalker07

Catstalker07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Someone gave me the information but I can't find it so I am asking about the boat ramp again.

There is suppose to be a public boat ramp in Circleville on Rt. 22 I think. Has anyone used this ramp? I wanted to know if there were lights, parking and how deep is the water at the ramp? The water where I have been loading the boat is low right now.

thanks for any infomation.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    my boss was down that way last yr. and talked about a couple of places to put boats in. he does alot of traveling and does some scouting for me when he does for things like that. i will have to ask him tomorrow Rod and let you know...rollo

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have fished it before. Never launched there. Very accessable though.

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Well.... Where is it goof?!?!

The Man asked for directions and you tell him yeah it exists and it is a good deep one....

Your name should be Tease instead of Tea :wink:

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LOL, I was pretty tired last night when I got home. Skimmed the posts and wrote very little. lol

Now, to answer your question about where it is.

If you take 23 to 22 and head west on 22. About 1/8 of a mile, as soon as you cross the river there is a big pulloff to the right. Just go down that land with your boat. There is pleanty of room to turn around when you get down there to back your boat in the water.

Good luck if you get out there, maybe I'll see ya down there sometime, ya never know.

6. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There is no lighting there. the water is very shallow just to the north, to the south you might make it a 1/2 mile with an outboard. Most people that fish the river a lot use jet boats to overcome the shallow riffles. I have been up and down the river quite abit so if there is anything else you would like to know just ask. there is also an area off of Canal rd. that you have to pay to be a member to get the gate code that you can launch a boat off the gravel bank just below the wier dam.

7. Catstalker07

Catstalker07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the information. I want to fish above the 317 bridge. Where I fish now on the Scioto there is a lot of water that is a foot deep so I am use to the low spots.

Is there any contact information for the place to pay and launch?

Again, thanks for the information.

8. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The contact is the pickaway county historical society the fee is 25.00 a year. the ramp is located south of the free public ramp. if you want to fish around the 316 brigde depending on how heavy your boat you would be better off carrying for the pull off on 316. at 35mph the 316 bridge is about a 30 minute ride from the public ramp in circleville. hope this helps

9. Catstalker07

Catstalker07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the information, thats a big help. I have a 14' shallow V boat. I have the motor set-up so the prop is just in the water so I can get through 20" of water ok, If it gets down around 14" then I am in trouble.

Again thanks!

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    rod i asked my boss and of course he remembers being there but thats about it. looks like your getting some other help though. sorry i couldn't be much of a resource lol rollo

11. Catstalker07

Catstalker07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have received the information I was looking for. My son and his friend now want to try the muskingum river. So we might be down your way tomorrow night. I have wanted to fish the muskingum river and was going to start next year but, we might start now.

Good luck to everyone this weekend

12. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Rod, I have put in at Circleville many times. I have a 14 ft. deep v with a 9.9 and have made it all the way to the golf course. When you go up river across from the launch site, stay as close to the east bank as much as possible. Lots of stumps and rock. Before I got to know that area I had to get my two props re-conditioned twice. I have my boat balanced pretty good so I have been able to get through the shallows by just having my motor angle rod in the highest position. I've gotten my boat through 17 inches of water. The bridge up river from Circleville is a good area, lots of wood in 5 to 14 ft. of water and the hole drops down to about 25 ft. Only caught channels in the area, have'nt targeted flatheads.

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    be glad to see you rod. i have a g3 camo. 17ft. duckboat with 60/40 merc. jet. if you see me around the dresden ramp tom. evening give me a shout...rollo

14. Catstalker07

Catstalker07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I will give you a shout. It looks like the Scioto is back on but it depends what time we get done catching bait. If we go to Dresden it will be around 3:00 so we can look at some areas.

Thanks again for all the information. Big help!

15. Catstalker07

Catstalker07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I could not find the pickaway county historical society however; did find the public ramp and put in there. Did fish above the bridge around the next bend. Caught a couple 15 pounders.

Thanks for the information.

16. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Catstalker are talking about the historical society ramp or the actual historical society? I think you were around the "red river bridge" just north of the public ramp?

17. Catstalker07

Catstalker07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was looking for the historical society ramp. Could not find it. I am not sure what the name of the bridge we fished above however; when heading north from the public ramp there is a bridge with water at least 16' deep. We went past that and fished. From the looks of the bank at the bridge that bridge is fished a lot. We were about 300 to 400 yards north of the bridge. Where is the the historical society ramp located?

18. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you were to go west on 22 past the public ramp the first road on the left is canal rd. turn left take that to the stop sign turn left again go down a little ways on your left you will see a gravel area with a shelter house turn in there a road will lead to the gate once you open the gate drive over the levy and there is a gravel bank you can back your boat into the water from. the area just north of that is around 30 feet deep.

19. Catstalker07

Catstalker07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the information. I thought about turning left but we wanted to get in the water. We are going to go again. 30' would be the deepest water I have found on the Scioto. Have you ever fished there?

Again thanks for the information.

20. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That hole I have not fished. There are numeruos places south of there that I have done quite well at.