Circleville Boat Ramp Questions

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 26, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a question about the boat ramp in Circleville. I was hoping that I could launch my 14 foot Tracker Deep V in there. I only have a Merc 9.9, but it would seem to be okay for that stretch of the Scioto. Can anyone tell me the depth in that area? It seems like there are lots of trees, logs, & misc brush that I would have to watch out for, but I am more concerned in sand bars & that sort of thing. I hate fishign crowded areas, espcially in such a little boat as mine & seems like this ramp could come in usefull for me every now & then. Any help would be great & if you feel more comfortable in sendign me a PM, that would be fine.

Thanks in advance for anyones help. Hopefully I could return the favor.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Easy to launch without much current Mellon. I have bank fished there and seen many boats go in and out without trouble.

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What about the parking? Is it a lighted lot? I'm wanting to do an overnight float from there to Chilicothee and would have to leave a truck there.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You have to launch then bring your auto & trailer back up to the parking lot. I think it's lighted. (I think....)

5. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hmmmm, dont remember on the lighted thing. But a safe area, fished it many times and dont see a soul most of time. On the outside of town.

If yall are gonna fish it let me know, 10 minutes from my house!!! We could hook up and wet a line.

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i'm there dude! Tea, bring your grill!:big_smile:

7. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds good, just let me know when!!!! We can eat, BS, and fish.

8. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Dude'will fish for food,lol.Count me in.

9. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The Circleville ramp is not lighted or the parking it is easy to launch there are a few riffles when the water is normal or low i fish this stretch a good bit any ?? just let me know there is another launch on canal rd that you have to pay 25.00 a year to the pickaway county historical society to get the combination to the gate also floating to chilli be CAREFULL jst south of circleville is a dam that could be dangerous if you have never crossed before stay on the east side of the river or you might find yourself upside down hope this helps

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Chris, nice to see ya post brother. We gonna get out again this year??? Just let me know.

11. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey matt we do need to get together again ive been busy working and moving sold my house in town live out by hargus lake now starting to get things settled in will be ready here soon plus the cost of gas cant afford to many trips to the river

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I understand brother, you just say when. I am not too far from ya. We need to wet a line, and try to catch some fish this time. LMAO

13. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    my uncle and i fish it alot up by siota downs but have never fish down there. he has a flat bottom boat and we have some problems rubbing but nothing bad. going out this saturday morning early actualy