Circle Hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by FROG, Aug 13, 2006.

1. FROG

FROG New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Please Help Me Out Please Post Some Pics Of Circle Hooks So I Will Know What They Look Like Thank In Advance

2. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    Here is a picture of a Gamakatsu brand circle hook, size 6;

Click on the link for the picture;

Attached Files:

3. cnwamw

cnwamw New Member

State:
    texas
    what brand do you us?

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    gotta love them circles.

wheelmobile07

5. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Gamakatsu Octopus hooks seem to work the best for me.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
  7. Katdaddy29

Katdaddy29 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have never used circle hooks are they really that much better?

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Shane, that depends entirely upon you. If you like to set the hook, circles aren't worth a darn. If you want a hook that pretty much takes the fishing outta fishing, circles are great. Naw, I can't give circles a bad rep. They are good for what they were designed for. You have to adjust your terminal tackle to the way YOU like to fish.

9. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I've fished live baits as well as cut baits with both "Gamakatsu Octopus Circles" and also "Daiichi Circle Chunk" hooks. Love them both A LOT!!!

I recently was targeting fish in the 3lb to 10lbs range and tried using much smaller hooks (#2 through about a #5) and using good sized nightcrawlers and a slip bobber at the lake I fish. THIS Works AWSOME!!!

The nice thing about this setup is that you don't have to panic the moment you cant find your other bobber. Just start reeling and wait for the fight!

So far I have caught Channel Cats up to 10lbs. using this rig. I have had a few of the larger Cats straighten a hook or two out, so now I use a 3/0 or a 4/0 size if I am targeting them.

The bass (yuk) and the cats are all hooked right in the corner of their mouths like they are supposed to. (The small Bullheads tend to swallow my hooks deep and I end up just cutting the line as close as possible and losing the hook.)

I've never seen where people have used worms on Circle hooks before. Anybody else tried this?

Tony
    _

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    it works for me, Tony....i like sea circles and kahles too

11. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I like the circle octopus also....I use the Eagle Claw and the Gamakatsu....I don't keep the fish I catch, so ther're perfect for my type of fishing.....I use the L7228 by Eagle Claw and the Gamakatsu octopus circle...I can't remember the # on that one....I will say that if you buy circle hooks, that get the ones that say "inline" instead of "offset".....I think the offset kills the effect of the design.....Mark Sosin says that the offset hooks will "snag" em deeper in the gullet, which is what you're trying to avoid in the first place....Jus my opinion.....Dwight

12. skeetfever

skeetfever New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I like the Gomakatsu HD circle hooks. You'll never straighten one out. They have a really thick shank.

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i use the gamagotsu otopus circle in 8/0.ive cought fish from 1 to 62 lbs. so i recomend them.