circle hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Catfish_Scooter, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hook the bait with the circle, then let the cat self-hook himself.:wink:

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Let the catfish load the rod up and it hooks itself.

3. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    They hook themselvs. They stay on the hook better too. Bait and katz alike.

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Kasey i guess you could but when they pickup the bait an swimm off they load your rod an hook themself ,or at least thats how it is suposed to work :wink::big_smile:

5. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i have heard with cicrle hook you let the catfish load up your rod and let him hook him self

6. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Put the rod in it's holder.:big_smile: When the fish loads the rod , wait for that little jump at the end of the pulldown. You will know he's hooked. Biggest mistake I see people make with circle hooks is they can't keep their hands off the rod. Pick it up too soon and you won,t catch too many fish on circles. Just got to have some restraint. When they are loading the rod up but not taking it all the way, you can catch these fish by leaving the rod in the holder as the rod is loading up reel the line steady, keep reeling until you feel the fish hook up. Good luck, be patient and you will start improving your hook up ratios, I promise

7. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    Enough said and I agree with letting the fish do the work.

8. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    if you try to set the hook you will miss the fish every time....:0a26:

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    he said it right there leave it alone, the only time i will reel down is like he said when they are pulling on the rod but they arent putting alot of bend in it doin it just like he said. if the rod doesnt load any more it is probally a smaller fish that has already been hooked for a while. also make shure your bait hangs lower than the point of the hook, immagine a line from the point to the shank and keep the bait below it.