Circle hooks

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by fireman6x9, Jul 20, 2009.

1. fireman6x9

fireman6x9 New Member

State:
    Phenix Cit
    Does walmart or other bigname store carry these hooks? I can't seem to find them at the local walmart. I tried Dick's sporting goods also and maybe I missed them.

2. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the BOC! If I were you, I'd just head on over to Team Catfish and get some of their Double Action Blood Red Hooks. Those are better than anything you'll find in any Wal-Mart. :wink:

3. fireman6x9

fireman6x9 New Member

State:
    Phenix Cit
    Thanks! Is that a website?

4. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    They are a sponsor of the BOC. They do have a website where you can order from...I believe it's www.teamcatfish.com, or you can just google it or go up to the "Links" link on the top of this page and it should take you there.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    You can get the team catfish hooks at Randle Marine in Phenix city. I have plenty of circles, I am sure I can slide you some. Welcome to the BOC, glad to see you posting

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jamie Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. In reference to circle hooks, I expect most Walmart stores carry them. Circle is a type of hook and not a brand name. Try looking for Eagle Claw or Gamakatsu Circle hooks. You can also purchase the Gamakatsu circle hook here from one of our sponsors Wild Wolf Products. Good luck on your choice.

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jaime.

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    We stock the Gamakatsu Octopus circle offset 8/0's
    http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/gamahook.html
    and also have the charlie brown hooks, these are like the double action hook. We stock them in 5/0 black 8/0 red and black, 9/0 red and black then 10/0 black.
    The guys that are using these for flat heads and blues love them. Also $4.99 per pack
    http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/CBhook.htm
    We have people that are wearing the big Flat heads out with these Charlie Brown hooks.
    We are out of the red 9/0 but will have the new shipment in toward the end of the month.
    We can also get the Heavy Duty 10/0 hook also. Or circle hooks up to 24/0

Pete

9. fireman6x9

fireman6x9 New Member

State:
    Phenix Cit
    What size do you all recommend? Does it depend on what size your fishing for?

10. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    Welcome Jaime ! As a rule of thumb, smaller hooks for smaller fish. bigger hooks for bigger fish. The type or size of your bait also dictates the size of hook. Just remember, you ALWAYS want the point exposed, so don't use a hook that is to small when using big hunks of bait. My opinion is that for eating size fish, 1-2 or so lbs. I go with 4/0 or 5/0 sometimes smaller depending on the type of bait and presentation. For the most part I use 6/0, 7/0 and 8/0 for bigger fish. Generally a 6/0 is a good size if you are targeting 3 Lb. and up fish. when I am targeting big fish, blues & flatheads then I use bigger hooks accordingly. As I said, alot depends on the size of bait you are using. Everyone has their own theories and know what works for them. Just try em, & experiment and you will figure out what will work for you.