Circle Hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by RiverKing, Jun 16, 2009.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Whats everyones honest opinion on circle hooks? My honest opinion is they are for girls and I wouldnt give a nickel for em unless im drifting.

2. mjbarby

mjbarby New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    call me mary, cause i love them.

3. ridgerunner

ridgerunner Guest

I use circle's, kahle and J's. Around here sometimes you gotta let them run first. I'll frees pool with the clicker on. When they run a bit I'll take it off free spool. Usually that's all it takes for a circle. It's just like any tool. You don't want to limit yourself to only one. If I had to limit my self to one way to catch fish it would have to be a 1/4 stick of dynamite. lol

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    they suck lol, but i got some team double action i seen the vidio i hope its not a gimmick to get you to buy i got 6 8/ot

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I just think if you cant get up off your big old butt and swing on the dang fish, then you shouldnt be catfishin..They got it now where the equipement does all the work, and the fisherman just sits back and does nothing..Unless you have a bad back or something, i just think they are useless..BUT...they are the only way to go when drifting.

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i dont know they always faild me, i dont know why, i like kaels, and im going to give these teams a try,but, i know i missed lots of fish on gammas and im not pleased at all with them i will not go back to them i hate them with a passion,i lost a fish of a lifetime on them junk hooks, i know the bros that swear buy vthem and im shure they get alot with them but for me a flathead doesent bite like a beast alot, i want to set the hook, and the teams are a hybrid circal , you can do both ways, ill use them for bluecats, kaels are not the best for cutbait, it curves into the bait, not downing a bro that likes em, ive just never had anyluck on them, i only got 1 in, they ether slip out during the load, or they come off in the figh and yes i leave the gap clear with 4 inch cuts

7. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I recently turned to circles and I am ok with them.The big plus for me is I hook them in the mouth 95 percent of the time and if I want to release the fish I can with no harm done

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    NO HE DIDN'T!!!!!.......LMAO!!!! Bottom line is this, we started the day yesterday with all J hooks, had rods buried most of the night, pick it up and set the hook, feel the fish, then.......That ol familiar feelin..........slack line. There is not a doubt in my mind that when the fish are pecking away, and not moving off with the bait much J's are the way to go. But when the fish are really hittin the baits hard, and I keep missing them, I am switching back. You can miss a fish just as easily on a circle hook as you can on a J. People that aren't as smart like Riverking may find them hard to use, but for the rest of us with half a brain they are very effective, and you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. It does not suprise me to hear a remark like that from Matt, him and I were fishing a few weeks ago and had some severe weather roll through, he said we would be fine since Tornadoes can't pass over water!:eek:oooh::tounge_out::crazy:.....Folks thats the kind of mind we are dealing with here!

Matt's a good friend of mine guys just poking some fun at him here...lol:wink::wink::wink:

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    BTW near 99% hook up rate with circle's grasshopper!!!:0a37:

10. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

LMAO..I made thispost just for you buddy..I knew you would take the bait..HAHAHA

11. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Travis your like a big ole flathead with a live shad in its face. You couldnt help yourself but to get on here and see what I was up too.:big_smile:

12. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Lately around here a live shad is perfectly safe in front of a big flathead...LMAO:wink:

13. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Especially if its rigged up with a circle hook..LMFAO:crazy:

14. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    id love to sit side by side with a boc guy that uses circal hooks,i must be a dumbas for not geting them to hookup lol, if any boc brother wants to go, im in illinois pm me,

15. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

shouldnt be hard to find i bet 80% of peolpe on here use them damn things

16. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i kow they work its just me, i might have to stiff of rods or i might be using to much bait but , i always leave it exposed

17. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Its not just you buddy, they are garbage

18. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    it's all i use and they never fail me, just gotta know how ta use them, and yea i do have a bad back(3 back surgeries) but thats not the reason i use them

19. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    You must be Marry or are you Ginger? How can you say they are garbage when just a couple of pages ago you rave about how there the only hook to use when drifting? Is that what they call a hypocrite? :big_smile: Bottom line is circles have been around for a very long time they work very well. Hooks are just another tool when you go fishing you go out with fresh bait good line,rods and reels. Why should you not use the hook that you have a very high success rate on? If that means I'm a fat @$$ in your book. Well then I'm a large fat @$$. As you know blues will absolutely smoke your bait. How many times have you had one smoke it and by the time you get off your fat @$$ he's dropped it? Well I'll take the hook up and fight the battle while you sit back down on your duff.......

20. Lignum

Lignum New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Been using them for the past couple of years and love them. Like anything else in life, it takes time to get used to them. Once you do you will never look at the j hooks again.