Circle Hooks II

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by outdoors1988, Jul 20, 2009.

1. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm kind of old school and think cirle hooks are over rated just because i can catch just as much fish for 1/2 the price, but that is my point of view. What is hook of choice and why?

2. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    I like circles for the fact that if you use a rod holder and weren't paying attention all you would need to do is pick up the rod and start reeling...Plus, they don't injure the fish from gut hooking and are easier to take out.

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea i only like team circals gammas suck,i like king kaels or big gamma j hooks

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like the kahle hooks. I like to set the hook hard but the kahle will also hook the fish on its on. The price is good also.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    :confused2: just as many for 1/2the price?:confused2: the circles i use are $13 something for 100 less than 14cents a piece and they catch almost every fish they come in contact with. plus i havent had to keep a fish because it swallowed the hook or was badly hooked all were in releaseable condition (some with one less eye:wink:lol oops) but hey they cant see in the mud anyway. so its definatly circles for me unless i need to use a j hook then i perfer a true-turn.

6. Sound

Sound New Member

State:
    Arkadelphi
    Gamma 8/0 circle is my mainly what I use. Rarely miss a fish and they don't swallow the hook. To me good hooks is as important as good line so not being cheap on either. Everyone has their preferences, just my opinion

7. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Who makes the Kahle hooks besides Eagle Claw? All I ever see are the Eagle Claw. I have some of those in 7/0 but they do seem to be a little on the light wire size for that large a hook.