Circle hook

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Deftones2015, May 5, 2009.

1. Deftones2015

Deftones2015 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm wanting to start using circle hooks, but can't really find any around me. My question is what's a good brand and what size should I use?

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Send Jeff with Team catfish a pm, he's a sponsor of this site but more importantly he has one of the best circle hooks on the market today. Order some team catfish 8/0 double action hooks and you will love those hooks.

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    most of us on here like gamakotsu i think its how its spelled there about the best circles your going to find.As far as finding them you can get them at like bass pro shops or online at catfish connection most of us like the octopus circle hook.Now hook size is another ball game.It really depends on what kind of bait your using and what kind and size cat your fishing for.Example if i were after channel cats and i was using shrimp or liver i wouldnt use but a 3/0 and could probably get away with a 2/0.But the bigger the bait and the bigger the cat your after the bigger the hook your going to need.personally i find Kahle hooks are better for live and cut bait the circle hooks but thats just me.
    You might consider the kahle hook you can use it both was ,like a circle hook or like a J hook so its the best of both worlds.hope this helps some good luck.