Circle Hook In MY Finger

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by river1214rat, Jul 10, 2008.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    The Ohio is up and moving fast, Mean Gene the Fishing Machine and I went to Ft Knox to fish in one of their lakes. I wanted to catch a cat, big or little, I didn't care. I have been skunked by him this year and I need to save my pride. :wink: Did I catch a fish...NO! Did I get my line wet...NO! Did I catch anything...YES, my little finger. Don't ask me how I did it, don't know. All I know is that it hurt like HE!!. It was in good and deep. Poured 1/4 can of beer on it and drank the rest real quick. Iced the tip of my finger to numb it, took pliers and tried to advance the hook out so I could cut the barb off (and keep fishing). Didn't work due to the shape of the Circle Hook. Tried to back it up, mistake. That hurt real bad. :crazy: Drove the boat back to the ramp, some guy putting in his boat and he tried the "fishing line" trick Big Mistake, thought I was going to pass out. :0a35:Gave up, went to the E/R, I knew it would need to be numbed, antibiotics, and tetanus shot. E/R doc finally had to cut it out. It still hurts really bad, but I am going down to the bank and fish as soon as I post this. Moral of this story, be careful with Circle Hooks as they are unforgiving and they have a quick, hard bite.

Attached Files:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Yikes, i know that has to hurt. I been nicked but never had one past the barb though. Crap i bet that hurt.:crazy:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    One thing for sure it makes me want to be abit more careful with the circle or any other hook for that matter. Hope your doing ok cause that sure did look bad ...

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i feel your pain had the same thing happen to me 2yrs ago and on my thumb

5 guys with me and not a onq would pull it out or push it thrue i had to go to the er myself
    the doctor just jerked it out and said ok your done :wink:

5. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    OMG that's looks painful and i know it hurts!! :embarassed: Man I gues that circle hook done the job!!:smile2: Wish you a speedy recovery!!

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Daannngggg Linda! I hope it gets healed enough to still work for the Rocky Point trip. If not, Mean Gene can bait up for ya, lol.

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Linda, that looks very painful. On another note ya just reminded me to take my leatherman to work tomorrow. :eek:oooh:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Linda that looked bad. It hurt me just looking at the pics. Hope it heals well with no infection.

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    ouch!!!

Linda,
    Heal up quick, you have fish to catch...W

10. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Linda,

That looks like a two shooter of Black Jack and chase it with a Bud then your head can't feel the pain :wink: Hope you heel up fine and no infection

11. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    linda you should start snelling your hooks that knot looks weak!! :smile2::smile2::smile2: be carefull between now and the end of the month so you can outfish mean gene....

12. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I knew I should have just past this post on by...but no, I clicked on the picture...and I think I just threw up a little in my throat!:eek:oooh: I have had a regular hook in deep like that but not a circle, I will now try to be extra careful around those bad boys. Here is wishing you all the advil and antibiotics help you need!:wink:

Bill

13. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Looks like you could have saved a buck by not going to the doctor. You should have just handed someone the pole and had them set the hook. I've always heard to never set the hook with a circle hook or you'll loose them everytime. :smile2: JK! Looks like that sucker hurt. Get well soon.

14. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Dan, LMAO, that just gave my goose bumps thinking about it. My fishing buddy was freaking out when he saw it and evertime he moved, the boat would move, which made the hook feel like it was tearing my finger apart! He asked me what he could do, I tried to say it nicely, but "QUIT MOVING!!!". :crazy:

15. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Adam, I am going to outfish him this trip. Sore finger or not. The competition is on. Mean Gene The Fishing Machine is going to loose!!!:tounge_out:

16. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    That reminds me of bad memories myself. Fell for , hope you a speedy recovery.

17. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    That was supposed to say feel for you... old age gettin to me..haha:smile2:

18. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Linda,

That looks terrible. i hope that never happens to me. We will pray for a speedy recovery. I know you will take good care of it.................geesh it hurts way over here!

19. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    :0a15: Not a good thing.I hooked myself in the ear still got the scar from that. Is'nt it supposed to hook you in the corner of the finger?:0a28:It will be sore for awhile but if you put some flathead slime on it. It will heal quicker.:0a30:Anyway get well soon so i can beat you fair and square when we have our get together at West Point.:0a23: :happy:

20. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ouch!!! Get well,Fish are turning on ! :crazy: