circle and octopus circle hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by adam1886, Apr 28, 2008.

1. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    im trying circle hooks this year for the first time. i've noticed there is regular circle hooks and octopus circle hooks. is there a difference in the two with the way the hook the fish? the only difference i see is the way the eye is bent

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    There is no difference at all. Just the way the eye is on the hook.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I use circle hooks there a great fishing hook for catfish I have noticed, one thing that they catch alot more fish, they seem to set there selfs they should work great for you.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    havent seen what ya got but 1 could be turned up for snelling the line on:smile2:

5. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I believe the term "octopus" refers to the point looking like the beak of an octopus.

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Gamakatsu 8/0 octopus circles for me! They are the gospel!!!!!!!! (for blues anyhow). You can mark that down!!!!! Might need a longer shanked hook for live bait when flathead fishin' though.
    Bill in SC

7. Zing

Zing New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Adam I just did a quick look on the web and have come to the conclusion that the octopus circle has the eye bent to the rear. You could have a octopus hook that is not a circle hook but a J hook. I do prefer the Gama 8/0 octopus circle hook. I have very few misses with the hook, and they are all hooked in the mouth.