Cincinnati trades Josh Hamiliton to Texas.

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by H2O Mellon, Dec 22, 2007.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Looks like the Reds got a couple young pitchers whch they really need, but Hamiliton is a heck of a player. Your Ranger fans will love him!

From Sportsline:

ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton proved he had overcome his demons in Cincinnati, and now he wants to conquer his future in Texas.

One of baseball's best comeback stories during his breakout rookie year, the 26-year-old center fielder whose career was nearly derailed by alcohol and drug abuse was traded Friday from the Reds to the Rangers for pitchers Edinson Volquez and Danny Herrera.

Hamilton batted .292 with 19 homers and 47 RBI in 298 at-bats this year. He fills one of the biggest needs for the Rangers, who parted with one of their top pitching prospects in Volquez.

"The second season after being out for 3½ years is an important season," said Hamilton, who has gone through eight rehab programs for addiction to alcohol and crack cocaine. "This is maybe where I start becoming an established big leaguer."

http://sportsline.com/mlb/story/10540951

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I agree. I think Hamilton is going to be a superstar. Texas is a smaller market which should let him thrive.

3. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I hated to see him go.But the Reds desperatly needed the pitching.

4. hoosiercatguy

hoosiercatguy New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i was so mad when they traded him i wish they would have gotten rid of dunn he needs to be in the A.L. cause he cant play the feild and all he does is strike out, hit home runs, and walk in that order too