cincinnati report 06/27/09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, Jun 29, 2009.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Took my wife fishing saturday night. We boated 12 fish. 10 flats, and 2 channels. Had 2 15 lb flatheads, which were the biggest fish of the night. Had a good time non the less. No pics, we got the camara out of the boat glove box and realized it had been on since the last time i went fishing so the batteries were shot.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the report brother, sounds like a real good time fishing

3. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    congrats on the catches matt and some quality time with the wife :smile2:. Seems like the action is starting to pick up down there, we just need to get into some big ones!:cool2:

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thanks for that report. From the sound of it you had a pretty busy outing congrats.

5. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    congrats i had a lil luck but not that much two 20's and a 8lb shovel

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice report Matt, while you were upstream having a pretty good night, we were about 2 miles downriver from you having one of the worst trips so far this year, fished from 5:00 pm to 1:30 AM and managed 2 flatheads both less then 12" ( best hits of the night BTW) and 1 -3 lb channel, early in the trip had about a 7-10 lb fish on and half way in he popped off, I know, dang those circle hooks, right Matt??:smile2:

We fished a ton of good flathead spots so I am pretty sure the fish are still on the beds for the most part. Oh yeah, the patrol boat was lighting up folks all night long for running the "No Wake" downtown and at the ramp at 2:00 am, the guys in front of us said there captain was taken for DUI by those guys and they were left to get back to the ramp on there own, I hope the driver didnt mind them dragging the skeg on the way out....but I guess they were told to wait 4-5 hrs and meet him at the Campbell Cty detention center to bail him out. Sucks to be him......

Salmonid

7. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to go Matt, thanks for the report.

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You Da Man!! Congrats on the great trip bro....:wink:

9. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    You forgot to tell everyone about the New Kids on the Block concert...haha

10. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Nice job Matt. Any night you get that many fish is still a good one. Congrats to you and the Missus.

11. cudadustin

cudadustin New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    That sounds like a great night Matt. Catching fish all night. The wife's happy and your happy; that's what we call a win-win my friend. Too bad about the camera though. I don't know if you have any twelve volt plugs (cigarette lighter style) in your boat, but if you do you can purchase battery chargers that plug directly into that style outlet. Wal-Mart or other popular stores should carry them. I have the Energizer brand and it charges four AA camera batteries in 30 minutes. They are also fairly inexpensive. While I know nothing will erase your memories of the night; it never hurts to have a few pictures.

Thanks for the awesome updates. They are nice to hear from anyone fishing on The Ohio River. Keep them coming. If you want to throw in a few bait tips I'm all ears man. LOL.