Cincinnati Ramps Help

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by jwfish, Dec 8, 2008.

1. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    I been looking for a ramp to put my boat in for some blues after the first of the year seems like the all close after november.All ready called schmidts and riverside are closed I think the only other one in the area is the wall by the ball park downtown and that is a pain in the #.Ahy other spots guys thanks for the help.

2. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    New Richmond....August street, i think.

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    yup he said it right, either new richmond, public landing behind the stadium, or tanners. If the river is up high though new richmond is your only hope, as they will shut down the public landing once its in the 30+ ft range, and tanners will just be impassible. There is another nice free ramp in neville by the dam, but it just depends on the river level.

4. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Thanks I guess it will be new rishmond then though it is a ways up river from where I was going to fish.

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well just remember if the river isnt up to much the public landing will be open.

6. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    I've haven't used a ramp on the ohio since I was little. Are they bad in the winter? Should you bring salt for the ice or does the city take care of them well?

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    No such thing as the city taking care of ramps....lol.....That is why you always see that sign, "Launch at your own risk"....:crazy:.........After saturday, I am gonna keep a snow shovel and some salt on the truck for sure.

8. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    The neville ramp has gates that are sometimes locked. If it's not too wet they are passable in the grass however. If you can find a city maintenance guy cruising around they will open it for you. Moving trees out of the way make take some time and a saw!!! Keep this in mind for neville and new richmond !! If you wanna ask this same question as you get closer to coming you will get more definitive and up to date answers !! PM me with a little notice for me to get the pm and I'll give ya my number ! Randy

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Tanners creek is still launchable at 35 feet but the river is pretty wild at that. In that stretch of the river 29-30 feet is about perfect.
    One thing to bear in mind is that if we get enought rain to bring the river up significantly there is going to be a massive amount of trash heading down. It's been a long time since the shore was rinsed off...W

10. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    Thanks for the info, i'll keep it in mind.