Cincinnati Public Landing

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Catfish_Rob, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    So I have the damn flu (not the pig flu) and have been thinking about fishing a lot. I was just thinking about the public landing down in cincinnati. When I was there on saturday there were a bunch of people sitting by their cars just fishing off the parking lot. This is the ideal winter fishing situation. I can put my rods in a holder and sit and listen to the football game with heat in my car and wait for the catfish without freezing my ass off. Anyway...it is almost three in the morning and I just had to say that haha.

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I see lots of folks fishing there but all have told me they never have done any good there, there are a lot of snags out from the ramp under the bridge. at higher water, you may be able to castnet a few shad just above the ramp in the eddy. again, be careful with a cast net there, some net eating rocks in there. :crazy:

Salmonid

3. ProRocketJP

ProRocketJP New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've seen guys rip up cast nets and a cpl fellas catch a few skippers there but for catfishing you'd probably be better off to walk out on the front porch cast out in the yard and go in and watch the game on TV...:eek:oooh:

4. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I sure do like the idea of being able to fish while enjoying the comfort of a vehicle, but around here those sorts of spots are few and far between. As far as I know there ain't nowhere in my area that can be done. My old lady would LOVE something like that.

5. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    back in the day when i used to give it a shot there a few times, i'd honestly ALWAYS get runs from the deeper water and i'd also litterally ALWAYS get snagged. i think what it is, is where the channel it, it cuts so deep, so fast that with the angle of your line, you're pretty much gaurenteed to get caught up. you're line basically follows that extreme angle.

6. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree its not the greatest area to castnet lots of drift and rocks get piled up there.