Cincinnati Bait going tomorrow

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by jwfish, Jan 2, 2009.

1. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    My daughter and me are putting in at Cincinnati tomorrow and I have some frozen shad but would like to get some fresh bait with my throw net have not been down there in years and am looking for a little help thanks.

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    as of this morning, the downtown ramp was still closed, FYI...
    Might try the creeks up in the slack water, shad will be there.
    Ill be trying my luck on Sunday.

Salmonid

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Look up in Marina's they seem to be the honey holes when the water is up, and like Mark said if you are going to fish downtown you may have to put in New Richmond or Tanner's and make the run.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Wouldnt spend to much time around New Richmond either unless you love Gar....:confused2:

5. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    What is it about 10 mile run to get to cincinnati from richmond.

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Something like that, it takes me about 20-25 minutes to get to the city from NR at 41mph.

7. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    :confused2:Looks like the river is on a big drop, I think i will save myself the aggravation and stay home.

8. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Thanks for the info guys looks like I will be putting in a new richmond and make the run to cincinnati.Is that ramp off us-52 on augusta st?If any of you are down there tomorrow feel free to come up and say hello I have a 18 ft fisher with a parrot painted on the side holding a cane pole you can't miss it.

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yup the one on Augusta st, no dock so just keep that in mind. I wont be out tommorow but will be on sunday up in Ripley. Good luck to ya and stay safe.

10. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    If your in the Cincinnati area and having trouble with bait may want to try the Licking River also. Should be loaded, may even see some good fish with the water up.

Also u can probably drop in the Licking at the Wilder ramp(it's not closed as of last week), but I know the dock is gone, just like New Richmond. Also they may give you a ticket for parking their without a pass, but you can send them 10 bucks if so. Normally they dont seem to patrol and write tickets this time of year:wink:. It definitely closer to Natti, and you dont have to fight any current loading and unloading.