Cincinatti fishing Expo and Boat show

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RiverKing, Jan 11, 2007.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    The fishing Expo will be this weekend at the cincy convention center. Should be pretty cool, any of the other Ohio members going to be there? I have to work, but I hope to get there by at least 4 pm. There is going to be an Ohio River catfishing seminar at 6, professional guide Dale Broughton will be putting the seminar on. Hope to see some of the Ohio guys there.

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    last boat/fishing show i went to was in Cincy over 12 years ago, swore i'd never attend another. i'd say 70% of the whole thing was mostly professional guides from the great lakes trying to get ya to rent a trip. is it still that way? i did however get to meet and chat with Mick Thill (Thill Floats) and Dan Gappen.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Right now we have the Boat/RV show here in CBus, usually in Feb they have a Boat/Travel show that we go to. We usually get about 10lbs worth of junk (pamphlets and such) read them and throw them out cause we cant afford it. I like to go just to see what kind of boat that I might buy later on.

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I heard the Columbus show wasnt very well covered with smaller boats, only the 20' + boats. and I know in the past, the Cinci show is full of guides and larger Ohio River boats, its a good show but if your not looking to buy a LARGE boat then it may not be the show for you. ( The Cleveland show is the same way) for several years I went to the Indy Boat show and it was by far the best show around for bass/smaller boats and they had a lot of fishing manufacturers there but I havent been back there in 5-6 years.
    I will be hitting the Dayton show at the end of the month for kicks and giggles sine i havent been to it at the new Airport expo location.

Salmonid

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I dont know about the Boat/RV show thats going now but the Boat/Travel show has always been pretty good (at least to me). I may not know what I was looking at but there were moderate boats there also maybe some that were 5-15K. I think that moderate isnt it? But we usually go mainly for the Travel part anyways to get some good ideas where to go and such.

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yes if your looking for travel and erie and canadien fishing lodges, the Cinci show would be a good one o get to. Just remember that these shows are there to make money and the promoters will not turn ANY one down who wants to pay the $100-250 booth space. Which is why you see all the Financial, army, home business, insurance folks at hunting and fishing shows.
    Of course your 7-10 bucks is also helpful.

What is sad is in Dayton, the Hunting and Fishing Show couldnt make any money so its now gone, 3 different promoters tried it and all failed miserably.
    Now folks are tying into the Boat show or the smaller fairgrounds shows.

Salmonid

7. Creek_Chub

Creek_Chub New Member

State:
    Loveland, Ohio
    Is Dale on saturday night?

8. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Yeah he will be there